mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-31-2006, 07:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
You'd think that with the horrible rep that BE has earned over the past 8-10years for their chintzy products, a little QC would be in order. But, I guess there will always be a market for super-cheap schlock that will last just long enough in the hands of newcomers to make them realize they want something superior, and something for parents to buy to shush the constant requests for paintball equipment. Guess it's just big business.

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
terrible speller

Send a message via AIM to knightmare96

Yeah, my first gun was an Eagle 68. When I was 16 it seemed so cool. And it is the only one my parents ever bought for me. (birthday present) It only took 4 months off playing with it to make it explode. Then I bought my own Tippmann prolite.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I know it doesn't really matter in the lawsuit and all but, Who was the actual owner/operator of this particular Blade? Was this person over 18 - if so wouldn't they be partially at fault for leaving a gassed up 12 gram in the marker?
I could be wrong but does or doesn't the owners manual mention anything about not leaving the marker gassed up? I'm curious to know how much negligence is involved here.
What about this: what if the marker owner wanted to see how long it would take for the 12gram bucket to brake, if he/she happend to be aware of the recall??
Demonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Huh, if Walmart sold the recalled item shouldnt they be to blame?
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Yiffy Support Gunner

Send a message via AIM to slvrwulf

On the topic of the article, I emailed the reporter from Assoc. press, and the station the article was linked to (thv), asking them to reword their story, that the kid was NOT injured by a TOY, and that Brass Eagle doesn't sell toys. I sent an article explaining that ALL B.E. markers (plastic) actually have a stamp in them warning that " This is not a toy"

She sent an email back saying they (THV) were sorry for misnaming it, and that after further research with the Consumer Product Safety Commision as well as Brass Eagle they have determined that it should have been called a paintball marker, and not a toy.

I still agree with the point of what was the kid doing so close with no safety gear.

What happened to understanding basic safety... Oh yeah, this:

http://www.naute.com/thinkery/obituary.phtml
slvrwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer
Huh, if Walmart sold the recalled item shouldnt they be to blame?
From what i understand the marker itself is not being recalled, the C02 changer cap is. BE says to contact them for a free replacement. i think i saw these at a few other stores, why arn't people attacking Target? i just don't understad why people dislike Walmart so much but accept the same thing from a store that has a better PR image.
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

heh, i would go into wal-mart and take pictures, then submit to the local paper

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I stil would like to know what happend before we throw BE and the store under the bus.

and the other Mr. Spiegel is right, what about all the other stores that sell BE? My local hardware store sells them, target sells tehm, lots of places do because they are a cheap gun, have easy to display packaging, and come with "everything you need"
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

people hate wal-mart because it's wal-mart.

while wal-mart provides lots of jobs, they kill unions and pay slave wages. (dead-end job that's not really enough to support one person).

wal-mart also sells alot of crap. the reason so much of thier stuff is so cheap is becase they contract manufactories in china and argue contracts over *pennies*

in essence, wal-mart is a money vacume and provides little if any real comunity involvement in ares they set up stores.

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Inconceivable!

I just wonder what happened to BE to make them jump from what they were making 10-15 years ago to what they're putting out today.

How do you go from being a powerhouse frontrunner to the laughingstock of the industry?
TrracerAce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News