mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 08-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Target

while wal-mart provides lots of jobs, they kill unions and pay slave wages. (dead-end job that's not really enough to support one person).
No problem with the first 2 parts... and I have to dissagree with the killing off everything around argument. 2 of them that went in around here actually brough areas back to life that were slowly turning into 3rd rate strip malls.

And if you stay at a "dead end job" well, isnt that your fault?
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

Mr. Spiegel is right, they just built a new walmart in one of the most run down area's of Huntsville and it has done nothing but improve the area, other stores are moving into the area are doing well... how is that bad for anybody?

i've worked plenty of crummy 'dead-end' jobs and my grandmother always told me 'it wont hurt you' and i did get a pay check, and that's alot better than nothing. i think its too simple to blame walmart, i know alot of nurses that are treated worse than walmart employees... should we be attacking doctors for being to money hungry to provide better for their staff?

if there was a good reason for attacking walmart i'd be willing to hear it, but i know that if Walmart feels they are at fault they will pay what they think its worth, but they're not going to hand out money for no reason. i see recalls all the time that are just posted up in a corner and say call in for serial number and we'll send you a new part, what makes this so bad?

respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Without knowing the specifics of what happened, etc....

a) If the product was purchased at Walmart (or ANY store) after the recall was published, then the store should bear the bulk of the responsibility.

b) if the product was purchased BEFORE the recall, then the owner bears the responsibility for not acting on a fairly well publicized recall notice.

Just my .02

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Some randomness....
The ONLY paintball products listed on Consumer Reports recall database, are both Brass Eagle.
1- The Blade in question here.
2- The Extreme Vision mask......ummm, shouldn't masks be a fairly stable technology by now ?!

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
The Extreme Vision mask (which was manufactured by Zleader, only distributed by BE) was recalled back in 1998. If I remember correctly is was caused by the Henrys (former publishers of Paintball2Xtremes magazine) doing some over hyped destructive testing of the mask. Something like freezing the mask to 10 below and then shooting it at 400fps from 3 inches away. BE sued the Henrys and won. Not only did the Henrys lose a ton of money, but they can no longer own, operate, or even work for any paintball related business.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212

Last edited by Fubarius; 08-02-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius
The Extreme Vision mask (which was manufactured by Zleader, only distributed by BE) was recalled back in 1998. If I remember correctly is was caused by the Henrys (former publishers of Paintball2Xtremes magazine) doing some over hyped destructive testing of the mask. Something like freezing the mask to 10 below and then shooting it at 400fps from 3 inches away. BE sued the Henrys and won. Not only did the Henrys lose a ton of money, but they can no longer own, operate, or even work for any paintball related business.

I wish the Henry's had been stopped before they ruined Indoor City Painball in Gardena (or as they called it- Paintball 2000) back in the 90's - Sorry off topic but I have a strong disliking of the Henry's. Like some of you have for wal-mart
Demonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius
Ah, didnt know that!
Thanks.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

A friend of mine bought one of those blades, he didn't even get to play a game with it. He tightened the 12gram into the gun, and the holder cracked right off in his hand, and dumped all of the CO2 out. Luckily he had the presence of mind to hold it into the gun, and not let it fly, even though his hand got froze up a bit. There was a bunch of kids standing behind him.

Not sure why he bought the thing in the first place, he could have used any of my guns, which he ended up doing anyways.

Ever since that, I have told anyone that would hear not to buy those.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Oh, and why should high school students and college students working part time make enough to support a family of four?

Why would you want to make a career out of being a walmart clerk?

Be realistic people. It is an entry level job for people who have no marketable skill, or work experience, or they are in school. Walmart opens the job market for those type of people. When you have som work experience, or develope a marketable skill, or get done with school, you can move on.

I get so tired of this nonsense, that and the whole minimum wage silliness.

Don't like your job? Do something about it, don't whine to the gub'mit to fix it for you.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
The concept of the gun is great... integrated loader, 2 internal 12grams... it's not the first, but still, cool idea.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News