mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #31 (permalink)

At a swap meet at the main local shop friday night, I think I saw a total of THREE guns that could be described as speedball/tourney guns. The majority were things like F4s, Tiberius T8/T9, Phenoms and A-5s, Phantoms, a Nightmare LB Comp, a Nelspot 007, a polished brass PGP, bunch of Airakon and PT pistols, an automag, couple Gog G1s, etc. Lots of camo and harnesses.

Oh and when describing my future arrival of an R7 from two persons over I hear "Oh you're DeeEight..." from StilGar.
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
Oh and when describing my future arrival of an R7 from two persons over I hear "Oh you're DeeEight..." from StilGar.
how did he know it's you out of 40 people???
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

Easy to figure out, 3 of them are coming to ottawa and he knows who the other guy is already....
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Smart move this is why they may survive through the times of up and down.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #35 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
I've talked about this trend in the past but a lot of people just graze over it...
Print media isn't dying per say, it's in a transition state where ideas and content are in a rocket ship and the technology is in a Wright B Flyer. Stick with me here...
The real underling problem with on-line media is a lack of proper viewing technology. Ever actually read a lot of information on a computer screen? It kind of sucks, you're not completely comfortable and the back lighting strains your eyes. Three years ago the idea of reading a magazine on-line was laughable, but today with improved tablets the experience is actually quite pleasant, but still flawed. The truth is the tech still hasn't fully delivered an option that replicates the experience of reading a printed media though it's getting closer. The furthering development of e-Ink displays and ultra-high resolution LCD and OLED displays will make print completely obsolete, it's been the end goal for years and it's in sight but until we hit that point print will linger. The real question is, "Will outlets be able to continue to develop methods to generate revenue or will they fall under their own weigh?"

oops little long...
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post
I've talked about this trend in the past but a lot of people just graze over it...
Print media isn't dying per say, it's in a transition state where ideas and content are in a rocket ship and the technology is in a Wright B Flyer. Stick with me here...
The real underling problem with on-line media is a lack of proper viewing technology. Ever actually read a lot of information on a computer screen? It kind of sucks, you're not completely comfortable and the back lighting strains your eyes. Three years ago the idea of reading a magazine on-line was laughable, but today with improved tablets the experience is actually quite pleasant, but still flawed. The truth is the tech still hasn't fully delivered an option that replicates the experience of reading a printed media though it's getting closer. The furthering development of e-Ink displays and ultra-high resolution LCD and OLED displays will make print completely obsolete, it's been the end goal for years and it's in sight but until we hit that point print will linger. The real question is, "Will outlets be able to continue to develop methods to generate revenue or will they fall under their own weigh?"

oops little long...
I understand and agree with what you're saying. I'm surprised newspapers still exist. I bet once the baby boomer generation dies out so will printed media.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
depot damager

Where will I get cheap packing materials?
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Boss Lady

As a writer, this whole thing is equally fascinating and frustrating to me.

Print media is still the "holy grail" for writers. No matter how successful an online news company becomes, it still doesn't do much to boost your resume. The problem with print media is that there is such a time lapse between when an article is written & purchased by a magazine and when it is actually printed - my longest lead time for an article has been 2 years!

If the online magazines/outlets would hire better editors, fact finders, treat their writers professionally and demand to be taken seriously themselves, I think they would be taking the print industry over at a much faster rate. For me, the reason I stick with reading print mags/news over online is that the writing is still superior there. There is nothing worse than downloading a free magazine and having it so full of errors, misinformation and grammatical issues that I can't get through it.

For the good of the people: Feedback Thread
GHPBwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

^u make a good point there
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
GHPB I think that trend is starting to happen more and more, not nearly enough but the digital print world whatever is becoming more professional. This past year the Huffington Post and Times online both won Pulitzers, if that's not a sign of the times when a 5 year old blog achieves that level of recognition... Interesting times.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News