mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

I'd shoot them for nostalgia's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalpaintball View Post
Halo's cant "see" black so they jam.
Halos use a break beam eye, what about a dark shell doesn't break the beam?
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalpaintball View Post
99% of my customers(woods ballers) HATE dark shelled paints. I deliberately order the brightest shells I can get.
Halo's cant "see" black so they jam.
I don't see this as a good thing. maybe for speedballers.
To the best of my knowledge, no loader has ever utilized a single, reflective eye system. A handful of markers did (Sandridge, E-blade, X-mag, Impulse, etc.), but I believe all loaders with eyes were the break-beam variety.

As for dark paint, I get where you're coming from with regard to players wanting to see their paint. Me, I could care less - I guess the advantage to being the slow fat guy on the field is years of muscle memory.

edit: damn, beaten to it... even in posting, i'm slow...
Riddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
To the best of my knowledge, no loader has ever utilized a single, reflective eye system. A handful of markers did (Sandridge, E-blade, X-mag, Impulse, etc.), but I believe all loaders with eyes were the break-beam variety.

As for dark paint, I get where you're coming from with regard to players wanting to see their paint. Me, I could care less - I guess the advantage to being the slow fat guy on the field is years of muscle memory.

edit: damn, beaten to it... even in posting, i'm slow...
How is this different than a Halo, just to be clear?

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Break-beam eyes (such as you would find in most modern electros) utilize a photoelectric transmitter and a sensor as a paired set. Any type of paintball, no matter the color, blocking the transmitted beam from arriving at the receiver, will 'trip' the eyes and force the loader to spin or the gun to not fire, as applicable.

A reflective eye is a single unit that combines the transmit and receive characteristics. It shoots out a beam, which will bounce back off most paintballs and be received by a sensor. These units are reputed to have difficulty with dark colors, and as far as I know, haven't been used in paintball in a decade (with the exception of optical triggers).
Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
Break-beam eyes (such as you would find in most modern electros) utilize a photoelectric transmitter and a sensor as a paired set. Any type of paintball, no matter the color, blocking the transmitted beam from arriving at the receiver, will 'trip' the eyes and force the loader to spin or the gun to not fire, as applicable.

A reflective eye is a single unit that combines the transmit and receive characteristics. It shoots out a beam, which will bounce back off most paintballs and be received by a sensor. These units are reputed to have difficulty with dark colors, and as far as I know, haven't been used in paintball in a decade (with the exception of optical triggers).
But you said no loader has ever used bouncebeams. I'll agree that it's been a while since they've been used, but some people are still using the original Halo setups. I learned from my Halo the hard way. Break beams or sound activated boards for me from now on.

Imagine this; I had a bouncebeam Halo sitting on top of a bouncebeam marker. Talk about a when learning that lesson.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
But you said no loader has ever used bouncebeams. I'll agree that it's been a while since they've been used, but some people are still using the original Halo setups. I learned from my Halo the hard way. Break beams or sound activated boards for me from now on.

Imagine this; I had a bouncebeam Halo sitting on top of a bouncebeam marker. Talk about a when learning that lesson.
As far as I can recollect, having owned a Halo A and numerous Halo B loaders, they all used breakbeam eyes... Which VL had patented in the VL2000/shredder.

edit: googled it... my recollection seems to have been wrong. looks like most of those old Halos were in fact reflective eye sensors, but there were breakbeam upgrades available. regardless, when's the last time they were made? '01? '02?

Last edited by Riddler; 05-02-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Gator Black was great paint and I look forward to shooting it again. By the way, looks like its RPS Premium in black. 681 is about what everything is sized in Souhern California.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

I used to love using these, used to mix them 50/50 in my loader with marbalizers and the person you were shooting at could only see about every other shot. Was great.

I have too many toys...
eckoblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

My evolution II (eggy) hopper had problems with dark paint.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News