mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 06-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #51 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
I was mildly interested till I saw it wasn't a standard CF or full size SD card. I have enough cards with other gear laying around that I refuse to invest in another form factor that doesn't offer vast improvements over general technical specs. Double the speed and half the energy usage of a high end CF card? Sure, I'll bite. Till then, I find SD cards to be annoyingly small enough.
I can think of many other reasons to not go with this camera, but because of microSD really? It's pretty much the de facto standard for these type of small cameras, cell phones, etc nowadays and usually comes with an SD adapter. Smaller size is the improvement and makes sense for miniaturized electronics.
http://i.imgur.com/hZGzo.png
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #52 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTexan View Post
Already got an 808 camera. I've got plenty of footage from rc flying and paintball but not really any compiled into videos except this one which is ok.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk2G5aMrU78&feature=plcp

I'm a budget baller. This gets the job done for me right now until I get some $$$ to upgrade to a nicer cam.
Your video is actually quite good for a keychain cam. However, it's not comparable to the current goggle cams that the hackhd is purportedly competing with. I understand budgetary constraints, and if that's what you can manage, then by all means, some video is better than no video. Not saying it's a bad value; it's just tough to call it comparable.

That said, the jury's still out on the hackhd's performance. Need better samples. If I were to guess, the excess red in the picture makes it lean more toward the Drift's quality.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #53 (permalink)
depot damager

I wont be happy until they can make the camera hover around me like in the movie "Chronicle".
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #54 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly40 View Post
I wont be happy until they can make the camera hover around me like in the movie "Chronicle".
ROFL
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #55 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

anomoly40 lol...

Besides sample action footage, I would still like to know if there will be a warranty provided for this camera
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
-Vince Lombardi

Here's my feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
TrueTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #56 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTexan View Post
anomoly40 lol...

Besides sample action footage, I would still like to know if there will be a warranty provided for this camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhd View Post
Not offering a warranty at the moment unless it is dead on arrival. I don't know of any hobby circuit boards that come with warranties.
Answered above!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #57 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

woops missed that...
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
-Vince Lombardi

Here's my feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
TrueTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
Made With 100% Potato

AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but with all the necessary wiring to get something juicy out of this, could it possibly fit in the frame of a gun?

I'm sure that way all it'd need is a housing for the lens components and "seeing material" and then one little wire that can run under one of the eye covers and to the side of the feedneck.

Seems the ultimate high def/low profile fix.

Want to bring peace, tranquility, and the abundance of nice aftermarket parts to the paintball universe once and for all? Contribute to: www.tbqf.co

ALTBazaar.com - The end-all source to high performance and quality.
TBQF.co - The end all source for all cool things paintbally.

YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #59 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

HoryzonHD Full HD 1080p FPV camera V2-Preorder [HoryzonHD1080p cam V2] - $149.99 : FOXTECH FPV SYSTEM
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
ur my sister

that horyzon one looks pretty good. just needs a battery, which it doesn't look like it comes with one. some of the videos they show on their website are pretty neat.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News