mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I'm not sure what you're saying there but, if you are alluding that I'm just 'hating on GA': I base my assertion entirely on my own experiences and, the rigorous testing conducted and documented (video even) by Punkworks.

The bottom line is that I'm only making an assertion for my appliction (low rate of fire, 1BPS or less) where, the ability to consistently return to the preset output pressure is if primary importance, and all documented testing backs this up.

Other markers may not be as sensitive as they will most likely have a more robust secondary regulator. Also, most other markers are fired at significantly faster ROFs than Tiberius Arms markers therefore, other factors (i.e. recharge rate) are more important.
No no no, you took my post totally the wrong way. I have total respect for you and what you're saying. Did you click the post that i linked to? That was actually the Punkworks videos showing the recharge/shootdown.

I was referring to the thread that that post with the videos came from, nothing in this thread.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dazl View Post
I'm excited for this!...
I want to be perfectly clear on this. I have no personal discontent with any of Tiberius Arms' staff. Especially, Eric or Waverly.

I also want to be be clear that for Tiberius Arms (as a company), paintball is not their primary focus. I've no doubt that as individual employees (and some of the owners) they have a passion for paintball. As a matter of fact, Waverly's hiring is indicative of their increased investment in the paintball line of business. I only mention this because I've personally been impacted by this prioritization and, I suspect it's the main reason why products they've promised (i.e. Air-less mags for the T8.1/9.1s) have not been released.

To be perfectly open and honest, I have mixed feelings about Tiberius Arms as a paintball company. I thoroughly appreciate them for bringing the First Strike round to the market. Since their release, I've pitched (and demo'ed)these rounds (and by default their markers) to 90% of the fields within two hours of my residence. I setup and maintain (whenever I get new information) a listing of Fields that allow First Strike rounds. I was the first person to calculate their ballistic coeffient and predicted how far they would fly (accurate to within 2ft as demonstrated by TechPB Mike), and I've personally shot thousands of them in testing and in-game.

However, with all the testing I had to fund myself, in order to solvethe excessive FPS deviations associated with the use of the Tiberius/LAPCO barrel, and the total lack of support from Tiberius Arms (as compared to LAPCO and Ninja, who each provided ideas to investigate), I've come away with a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
No no no, you took my post totally the wrong way....
Ahhh, you're comments about that thread had me confused. I don't know if you knew but, that video was actually recorded by Punkworks as part of the testing I mentioned. No worries, I wasn't offended and I'm sorry I misunderstood!!
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
Barned

Does anybody even know if Tiberius arms is working on anything right now?
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
Does anybody even know if Tiberius arms is working on anything right now?
it's hard to imagine them not to. they were doing fine with the tac 8 and 9, but now the tpx and other pistols came out and i bet those pistols are eating into their profit. then again, it's been a while since that happened and we still haven't seen anything relatively new come out from them.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
Barned

Wierd. Haven't the tac 8 and 9 been out for a few years already? You'd think they'd have at least showed off a new marker or something....T10.2.... lol
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I'm bettng that even though they promised air-thru mags well over two years ago, we'll see an air-through "T4.1" first.

One 'new-product' that I overlooked was the air-thru assembly for the T8.1s. This was not an originally announced product to the best of my knowledge but none the less, interested folks have been able to get them. But, that came shortly on the heels of the T8.1's release, so it's been awhile.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #37 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I'm bettng that even though they promised air-thru mags well over two years ago, we'll see an air-through "T4.1" first.

One 'new-product' that I overlooked was the air-thru assembly for the T8.1s. This was not an originally announced product to the best of my knowledge but none the less, interested folks have been able to get them. But, that came shortly on the heels of the T8.1's release, so it's been awhile.
I followed those airless mags very closely for more than a year. I remember there being issues with the machining for those mags, then their usual machinist got overwhelmed/machines broke, etc, and there was a huge demand (much larger than anticipated) for actual 8.1s and 9.1s, so they had to shelf it. Then I remember something about some initial issues with getting the smaller mags to sit consistently well without that valve stem to help guide them in...one thing I felt sure of is that when they do come out, they will have been properly vetted and should work well.

My MCB Feedback
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
I'll wait for Dan Colby and the return of air america

Shives
shives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

TA should get into making a pump style shotgun combined with a 13/3000 air in stock.

Either that or make a newer slimer body style of a T8 - slimmer grips and smoother body - ambidextrous mag release
madasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #40 (permalink)

GA

I am still a Ninja fan and always will be. I hope that they bring the production completely back into the USA. I will at least respect them after that.

Mcb. Autocockerfan
TechPB. Autocockerfan
Autococker Owners/Custom Cockers. Autocockerfan
PBN. Not affiliated.
Autocockerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News