mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newbie++
 
noclue119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
Reading the link more yeah thats seems odd. Wonder why they would try and F over their business partner.

just seems like an invitation to buy a legal battle.
They are not business partners. PbNation LLC sold Pbnation.com to Crowdgrather Inc.

My guess is that
Crowdgrather Inc. most likely have some kind of clause in their contract that allows them to get a portion of the money they paid back if certain things aren't met. I guess that today is the day that the clause was executed.

PbNation LLC most likely was not happy about not getting 100% of their money. As a result, they are selling what Crowdgrather didn't buy. i.e. Trademarks.


IMO It seems like a really bad idea not to buy those trade marks.

P.S. Your thread on PBN was deleted.

*edit* I just realized the Ebay posting could be a fake. Not sure.
__________________
For Sale: Tactical G6R with Full Auto

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."



My MCB Feedback

Last edited by noclue119; 07-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Jaccen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SW Ontario

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
They are not business partners. PbNation LLC sold Pbnation.com to Crowdgrather Inc.

My guess is that
Crowdgrather Inc. most likely have some kind of clause in their contract that allows them to get a portion of the money they paid back if certain things aren't met. I guess that today is the day that the clause was executed.

PbNation LLC most likely was not happy about not getting 100% of their money. As a result, they are selling what Crowdgrather didn't buy. i.e. Trademarks.


IMO It seems like a really bad idea not to buy those trade marks.

P.S. Your thread on PBN was deleted.
Also my guess.

Quote:
The total purchase price of the Websites is $3,200,000, consisting of: (i) $1,400,000 payable in cash; (ii) 1,149,425 shares of the Registrant’s $.001 par value common stock (“Shares Payment”); and (iii) certain additional cash and stock compensation totaling approximately $800,000 based on certain monthly website visitor traffic milestones as specified in the Purchase Agreement.
crwgform8k052011.htm



EDIT:

Just saw they didn't buy pbnation.ca

Who's feeling mischievous?

EDIT2:
Waiting for official announcement.
__________________
MCB Feedback
Please ship to me using US Postal Service when shipping to Canada.
Don't ship to Canada? No worries--I can work it out with you: US Parcel Pickup


Last edited by Jaccen; 07-10-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Waiting for official announcement.
Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hates the Media
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Watertown, MA

Fan of EMR
Oh free shipping, nice.

Last edited by Tuff; 07-10-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
.
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN

So I assume that this means that Crowdgather plans on changing the name of the forum currently known as PBNation at some point.
...or else they're planning on picking up the name in this auction through a straw bidder and planned to do this all along.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.
 
shadawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S. NJ

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Correct business partner to include employer. If I'm not mistaken and I could be, I remember reading that the Reikers and company were staying on to manage and consult. Although the stock aspect that is part of the original sale does technically make them business partners on some level.

Interesting turn though and I saw the thread got deleted on pbn. That's a legit move yeah?
__________________


"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
The cries of the carrots
 
Hogzilla88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arlington, Tx

CCM Fan
>>>RARE 1/1 pBnAtIoN lLc 4 SaLe<<<

rules:
1. no lowballers
2. i dnt ship first
3. if ur under 18 i gotta tok 2 ur parents

sup yo, got my SUPA RARE 1/1 PbNATION 4 sale or trade today txt me 4 pics 2 lazy 2 post dem up yo

225,000 FIRM trade value 1,000,000,000,000
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Barned
 
Bloop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC

I'll pay $1 for the "N" of the logo. Deal?
__________________
AG1ngerwithagun on Xbox live, add me as a friend if you want to play together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Barned
 
Bloop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogzilla88 View Post
>>>RARE 1/1 pBnAtIoN lLc 4 SaLe<<<

rules:
1. no lowballers
2. i dnt ship first
3. if ur under 18 i gotta tok 2 ur parents

sup yo, got my SUPA RARE 1/1 PbNATION 4 sale or trade today txt me 4 pics 2 lazy 2 post dem up yo

225,000 FIRM trade value 1,000,000,000,000
2 dollas wit shippin? Dos it com wit any upgraeds?
__________________
AG1ngerwithagun on Xbox live, add me as a friend if you want to play together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Arson24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver, B.C

that's an expensive PB sandwich.....



ya how about no.
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!
 
d4rksabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

Trades?
__________________
My Feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC