mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #91 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Ya true. But if it came with a speed feed i could try to sell it to recoupe some money

Not sure who would buy it but still
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #92 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

I'm not impressed with the price, but as far as it operates in the video I think it could give the Rotor a run for its money if it handles the way they say it will. I like my Rotor, the fact that it comes apart so easily is a big plus for me. Changing from the lid to a speed feed is the only down side I can think of simply because you have to remove screws but big whoop. The advantage that the Spire has is simply pop off the front section with the lid and pop on the one with a speed feed. The tray comes out very similarly to the Rotor, batteries are held in by velcro. Unjamming features are available on either the Rotor or Spire, just not exactly the same. If the Spire turns out well and after people have had an opportunity to try one themselves and put up their own reviews, I will probably find myself buying one.

Oh and I saw this picture on another forum and thought it was hilarious, sorry if it has already been posted.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #93 (permalink)
MCB Member

Kilt Fan
I'll get one if they make it in a vertical white to gray fade.

nuclear zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Either way, it is priced comparably to the Rotor.
I agree with the above in that the plastic back does not look as durable as the rest of the loader.
Still in the end, I am interested in this particular loader. It is about time that the Rotor got some competition.
The clear plastic back is lexan, it's durable. Similar material that they use for the "glass" around a hockey rink. I'm curious about durability overall. I might get one used if I keep running into the crap lopsided small paint local tourneys all seem to have. I'm getting better Rec paint at my home field than the highend paint option at tourneys around here.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #95 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
ugh cmon, someone make a good working hopper for less money than a rotor. someone make a force feed loader again for around 100 bucks.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #96 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
ugh cmon, someone make a good working hopper for less money than a rotor. someone make a force feed loader again for around 100 bucks.
as long as idiots buy them for $200 there is no incentive for anyone to make one for $100. anyone who bought a new rotor is part of the problem.

case in point: rotors came out at around $160. they actually INCREASED the price a long time later, and people are still getting them.

at this point, how about mcb come up with a blueprint for a hopper with off-the-shelf parts from places like radioshack and molding plastic from craft stores so that people can build their own damn hopper for less?? ****, there's a ton of gun development projects here so why not a hopper one, when there's really a desire for a good cheap hopper?

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good

Last edited by heinous; 08-12-2012 at 03:47 AM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #97 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If I remember correctly, the Rotor was not selling that well compared to the other loaders before DYE jacked up the price on it.

When it became more expensive, I suppose that people figured that it was $40 better than the competition. Makes no sense to me.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #98 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

So. Houston Heat is rocking the spire at MAO right now. Damn that's a low profile hopper.

playing in the webcast right now if anybody wants to see what they look like, looking like the spire is working for them well too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #99 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Looks sick.
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #100 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
as long as idiots buy them for $200 there is no incentive for anyone to make one for $100. anyone who bought a new rotor is part of the problem.

case in point: rotors came out at around $160. they actually INCREASED the price a long time later, and people are still getting them.

at this point, how about mcb come up with a blueprint for a hopper with off-the-shelf parts from places like radioshack and molding plastic from craft stores so that people can build their own damn hopper for less?? ****, there's a ton of gun development projects here so why not a hopper one, when there's really a desire for a good cheap hopper?
Found my cousin a cheap used rotor, he let me keep it (i haven't even used it yet), then months later bought one nib. Love that guy, but yeah, not very frugal.

Didn't someone create a CAD for a hopper on here?
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News