mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #141 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
so im doin a Labor Day ANS Sale order right now

was like what the heck, i'll order a Spire, my little bro can use my rotor (ive been lookin for a rotor for him for a few weeks now)

ANS isnt carrying the Spire
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #142 (permalink)

Punisherspb.com has em.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #143 (permalink)

I decided to order a spire b/c I found the rotor had too much stack tension and was double feeding into my DAM. It was also getting loading fractures (the DAM) so I wanted to see if the spire will give me a god high speed but lower tension option for my DAM and other guns with weaker detents.

The other stat that really truly sold me was the weight difference between the rotor. My other speedball gun should run well with this new spire. Just wish they would've done a camo pattern with the second round of colors that they've released.

I haven't had much jamming w my rotor but I have had some so that's a nice bonus I'm looking forward too. I also like the idea of self adjusting motor logic and an improved frontal profile.

Anyone run a spire with a DAM yet?
Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #144 (permalink)
MCB Member

Not with a DAM but I've put 6 cases through. 3 on a g6r and 3 on an NT11. I normally don't toot horns but i did not have 1 single jam. No problems at all yet. No interior ball breaks either. Its a really cool loader so far. Tho not as cool as 10 rd tubes into a pirate lol
Slappadapink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #145 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
I put pods of broken paint through mine when it was on my t2. Never had a jam.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #146 (permalink)

Glad to hear the soft eye pipe detents on the NT worked well with the Spire. I don't really like the eye pipe/soft detents but otherwise I love the DAM. Can't wait to rock this loader! The low profile is gonna run so well on my little 09 Alien ND and also my DM8... which have soft detents and double feed sometimes. It's those markers that I really have in mind for this loader but it seems it'll run on anything.

Is there a way to adjust the stack tension? Does it run very much tension?

From the vids I've seen it apparently has no problems ripping through paint. I got an original prophecy when they came out and didn't like it, but now I'm going back to a shot activated loader again after shooting just Rotors for a while. I know I probably coulda taken off tension on my Rotor but I'm looking forward to the reduced weight b/c I've been having issues with my right shoulder lately so I'm gonna try and run my guns as light as possible.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #147 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
You can adjust the tension on it, but Virtue says you should never have to. It senses how fast your marker is shooting and adjusts so if you are just one shoting it. It feeds slow. If you are ripping fast it feeds fast. I had no problems on my 05 Angel Speed or my Karnivor.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #148 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
we were comparing spires on sunday (5 spires, 1 rotor and a tiny ghettoball field... lol)

my spire liked to pulse a little more than everyone elses when we were standin in the staging area, i just figured mine is the oldest (they had 2 colors, and 2 that were a month or two old) and they must come with a different tension outta the box
Old 01-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #149 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Did you have it loaded? It shouldn't pulse if it's loaded enough to put tension on a stack. Mine only pulsed if it was low enough to not do this.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #150 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
Did you have it loaded? It shouldn't pulse if it's loaded enough to put tension on a stack. Mine only pulsed if it was low enough to not do this.
she was full...
or like 90%ish

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News