mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
i wonder if it will have different shell sizes like the prophecy and rotor? i want a freakin low capacity hopper
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Interesting. I started with the Prophecy V1 over the Rotor and loved it till it got way too temperamental; then bought a Rotor and never looked back.
While I agree that the Rotor is very over priced; I cannot argue its durability, simplicity, reliability, battery life, or ease of maintenance. Virtue has some high benchmarks to meet. My only gripe was the Rotor's capacity, but I bought the High-Cap shell for it and took care of that problem.
I just hope this one does not fizzle like the V-Max. I has pretty high hopes for that one, and well... we all know how that one ended.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
That drive system reminds me of a halo drive system. I had a few jams with my rotor but the best part of that is, I ripped off the top, throw out all the paint and dumped a new pod in. From beginning to end it took 5 seconds.

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
That drive system reminds me of a halo drive system. I had a few jams with my rotor but the best part of that is, I ripped off the top, throw out all the paint and dumped a new pod in. From beginning to end it took 5 seconds.
I agree. Looks like a HALO system with a big hat.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
First thing that popped in my mind when I saw this:

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

New loader hype? I sure hope it has a safe JRNY from the design stage to the market!
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You can sign up to win a "sponsorship" from them which includes this loader when it is released.

Here's the link, I snagged it from peanut butter nation.

https://www.facebook.com/VirtuePaint...28953167177144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkoselka View Post
OMG That is too funny!!

Virtue Dark Tower!

A Future Loader Born of Elecronic Wizardry!
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkoselka View Post
ooooh, do you get to play as roland?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've used the prototype Spire at a tournament and it worked flawlessly. It was used on a DM10, Cocker, Excalibur and a Bob Long Victory. It was all covered in camo tape so no one would know I was using it, since it was still a secret at that time. I can't answer all the tech questions about it but I can say it was working better than all the Rotors around me. The Rotors were all jamming, not just a couple of them, but 95% of them (including mine). We think it was from the small bore paint. The Spire didn't jam once, it worked on every gun without an issue. The best way I can describe it is when a ball would jam the spire would 'jump' up and over the problem ball and reset itself in proper position (hence the need for the 'Spire' part). The flip lid is a little different in angle of position, but worked fine. It did NOT have a crown on it. The shells came apart easily, and are similar to the Rotor and the entire unit was super easy to take apart and clean if needed. The tall 'Spire' piece does NOT sit under the flip lid, it's farther in and doesn't get in the way of anything, loading or otherwise. I myself plan on using one, due to the fact that it was problem free, for both myself and a team mate who tried it (We wanted to see how it did with his BL Victory). I like the Rotor, but honestly the Spire worked better at this event. Right now the MSRP is set under that of the DYE Rotor, just fyi.

Last edited by sugarstump; 07-24-2012 at 12:12 PM.
sugarstump is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News