mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

I was at a field yesterday hanging out with the refs and a dude came in who started talking about this. He's an a team with the dude who sold the prototype of this to virtue. He said that they have 6 of them that they use in practices. It's apparently silent. I'm very excited for this!

Sponsors:http://www.TippmannParts.com/?Click=50701 http://www.zephyrpaintball.com/
90% teenagers today prefer electros over pumps. If you are a teen who rocks a pump, add this to your sig.
project salvo pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

I just want to see the Rotor have some honest to goodness high end competition. Let's face it, the V1 Prophecies are falling apart, the Z2 is a joke, the JRNY never got off the ground, the V Max is pretty awful, and the Pinokio has not really gone anywhere.

I just hope that this thing pans out.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

The one I used was not silent. However it was VERY QUIET. It didn't seem to have that typical high pitched 'whine' that all the others seem to have. It might be a different motor than the others. Anyway, as long as they keep the same motor it should be much quieter than Rotors, VLs, Eggs, etc.
sugarstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Yeah, when DYE flipped the bird to the paintball market and actually raised the price on the Rotor when the economy went bad, it was pretty evident that there's nothing else on the market that would warrant actual competition. That's why they still sell them, even at $200. For a loader.

I love my Rotor, but I still hope that something like this can give DYE a run for their money in the high-end loader market.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
This design just gave me a good idea on how to make the Rotor jam less. I think i'll sell it as a mod.

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
I have yet to have a problem with my Halo TSA.

I feel old and slow.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post

I feel old and slow.
Don't feel bad. I finally up graded to a pinokio, which gives me no problems at all. I still shoot a 9v and 18v Revy. Also shoot a Tippmmann hopper.

I like the pinokio, it gives me small and large capacity paint loads. Hasn't jammed on me once. They also don't cost that much

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 07-24-2012 at 03:18 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post

I feel old and slow.
That's amazing. Mine exploded.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Yeah, when DYE flipped the bird to the paintball market and actually raised the price on the Rotor when the economy went bad, it was pretty evident that there's nothing else on the market that would warrant actual competition. That's why they still sell them, even at $200. For a loader.

I love my Rotor, but I still hope that something like this can give DYE a run for their money in the high-end loader market.
I'm betting that when the rotor first came out, Dye was selling it with a narrower profit margin to get more folks to buy it in the beginning in order to cement the reputation of the product. When this loader came out, it didn't have eyes/RF/sound activation like every other tourney level loader. A lot of people didn't remember what old school viewloader shells were like so, the durability was questionable for them, and the drive system is unlike any other on the market (leading to questions about how much it would popcorn, etc). Add to that-it only uses three AAs, not the six (or two 9v batteries) used by the Halo. So, in the beginning, there were a lot of practical questions about how the Rotor would perform.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
That's amazing. Mine exploded.
Do share how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News