mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #101 (permalink)
Texas Rush - Pump Player

I will buy 30-40 cases at a time and sometimes it takes longer to get rid of.
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #102 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post
Although their plan is slightly more complex than just selling it straight to fields, I see it turning out exactly how you state in the long run (five years).

That review wasn't too supportive. Bounces, poor accuracy, and a 60fps jump in velocity! Ouch.
Hmmm, 60FPS jump certainly sounds like an increase in efficiency is there but, on the other hand, it will slow down more rapidly.

It looks like Vapor Balls were really, Vapor ware... That is, unless they took the information down to re-work it.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #103 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Hmmm, 60FPS jump certainly sounds like an increase in efficiency is there but, on the other hand, it will slow down more rapidly.
Or they are lighter
Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
Or they are lighter
That's a given since, that's what Hydrotec is claiming, and it would be the most likely reason why they are more efficient and, why they will slow down faster.
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #105 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
not as revolutionary as their extreme price point.
Le sigh...

That price was set by the field. Check your info man.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #106 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
That's a given since, that's what Hydrotec is claiming, and it would be the most likely reason why they are more efficient and, why they will slow down faster.
I think it's much more likely that PistolPete didn't account for the HydroTec paint being a much bigger bore size than most paint out there right now. The weight may play a part, sure, but velocity swings like that should be expected if you're going from .680 and below to a stated .686. Since he's using an open bolt gun, maybe he didn't notice.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I think it's much more likely that PistolPete didn't account for the HydroTec paint being a much bigger bore size than most paint out there right now. The weight may play a part, sure, but velocity swings like that should be expected if you're going from .680 and below to a stated .686. Since he's using an open bolt gun, maybe he didn't notice.
60FPS Velocity things are one thing, a 60FPS jump in velocity switching from one paint to another, is another thing. I took +60FPS as a single jump caused by going from regular PBs to Hydrotec. That being said, I haven't seen the video yet (no YouTube in the office).
Old 08-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #108 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Who keeps paint for over a year?
Probably already mentioned but a longer shelf life would help out people buying paint from shops that don't sell a lot of paint. No longer would you have to worry about that dusty case of paint you had to buy at the last minute Saturday morning.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #109 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Regardless of quality of the prototype this is a huge innovation. This is the only paintball currently on the market (soon to be) that is waterproof other than the FSR.
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #110 (permalink)

Hey guys, the paint did curve for me. But keep in mind I don't barrel match my paint, and I just ran it through my TPX without changing anything except for the velocity. My friend was shooting it out of his Tac One and didnt notice any curving.

Now I put some in the side of my door for a couple of days, and it was fine. But I went back to my car to get my pod out, and there were broken balls in the pod, and the balls started to warp to the point where they looked kinda like MnMs. The pod was sitting in a sun spot in my car, and it was 85 degrees outside. Not a single barrel break or chop all day though on saturday.

Hopefully i can help answer other questions if you guys have them.
PistolPete93 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News