mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

The problem is everyone thinks this paint is going to be cheaper when it comes out, that's not what they said. maybe $95 a case IS the discount price, and when it comes out it will be $125 a case.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalpaintball View Post
The problem is everyone thinks this paint is going to be cheaper when it comes out, that's not what they said. maybe $95 a case IS the discount price, and when it comes out it will be $125 a case.
Yes, I've never heard them say the paint was going to be inexpensive. They've always said the paint was going to cost more than current paint.

Why would they sell it cheap for this purpose? There seem to be so many fanboys out there, I'm sure they won't have a problem finding people to take them up on this.

With the amount of time this has taken to get to market, they must have a crap load of capital to recover. I would think the price will stay high for a while. Also, at the beginning they said this was not going to be sold retail, but to fields only. I wonder if that's still the plan?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dazl View Post
They have maid some VERY bold claims about this stuff... And then, to charge $95 a case to "test" this stuff out for them?!?!? I call shenanigans!!

This is the paint that will turn the paint market up-side-down?? The PERFECT paint?? The new paint that will put all the other paint companies out of business??

Personally, I'm to the "I'll believe it when I see it" phase with Hydrotec... And so far, I'm VERY unimpressed with what I have seen from the in the last 2 years that they have been going around saying this stuff...

Yeah, they have some flashy videos (that could have EASILY been staged) and some bold claims... Now to see if they can back any of it up...

$95 a case for "test" batches... Not looking so hot :P

I HOPE THEY PROVE ME WRONG
Remember. "Perfect Circle" Was suppose to be the paint that would put everyone out of business. Instead, the police now use it as Pepper balls.

I wish Tom Kaye would have released this stuff for market.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #14 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I wouldn't pay $95 a case period.

The valken infinity I buy for $40 a case at the field shoots fine. It's not like these are heat seeking paintballs and are going to improve my play $55 worth every time I shoot a case.

Good luck on the new product, but it won't ever appeal to me unless it's cheaper than the stuff I'm buying at the field already.
Beebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

The field's website lists their prices as $18 entry and $85/case for "normal" paint. With the entry being waived it is actually cheaper. Paint prices at a FPO indoor place are always crazy, because their rent is usually crazy. You really can't compare them to prices at your local paintball store.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12439

My other passion: http://www.cameroncanine.com
Dave Cameron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
the bottom line is that when you are releasing a new product that is essentially untested and unseen, you need to be tying it in with a promotion that will allow people to try it at a discount. you're trying to convince people to switch over from another product. so unless theyre planning to charge $100/case normally, this doesnt make much sense to me. even still, if this stuff will be more expensive than a normal case - which is perfectly fine if the claims they have been making about performance, consistency, and shelf life hold true - then maybe instead of trying to sell cases, they should just give out a pod each to a bunch of people. the main goal is to get it into as many peoples' hands as possible and get them talking about it. take a loss at the event, but make sure that people leave raving about these new paintballs. let people think about the price AFTER they fall in love with the product.
Ding ding!

Reloadro's absolutely right, and that's the way just about any other new company worth their salt in the past few decades has done it.

This kind of reminds me of the "beta" testing for the Carmatech SAR-12... Pay full retail price for a beta version of a gun, by a new and completely unproven company, in exchange for a discount on upgrades that may or may not ever be released... Wait a minute, why am I paying to test YOUR product for you?

If they were genuinely confident in their product, they'd let it speak for itself, not sell it at damn-near Canadian pricing....
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Even if the claims are true. $95 a case is way too much for me, hell even $60 is way too much for honestly. I'll stick with redemption thank you!
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
The field admission is $28, so i guess $77 for a premium case of paint isn't too bad. Buy 1 case and play pump all year if it live up to the claim.
QFT...

Try that with year old field paint.

BUT, let's see what it can do first.

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
What exactly are the claims being made by this new paint? I dont know and I am sure some others dont as well...
Old 07-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Remember. "Perfect Circle" Was suppose to be the paint that would put everyone out of business. Instead, the police now use it as Pepper balls.

I wish Tom Kaye would have released this stuff for market.

Later,
Blackrain
Steve,
IIRC Perfect Circle is the maker of the First Strike so those claims are still at least partially true. That and I have some pepperballs, I wouldn't want to get hit with those shells. I'm much less worried about the powder in them than the damage those plastic shells do personally.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News