|Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB|
| ||Thread Tools|
|07-26-2012, 01:11 PM||#21 (permalink)|
Facta Non Verba
Here's a thread I found with some video:
|07-26-2012, 01:25 PM||#23 (permalink)|
I got 99 Problems
Join Date: May 2009
Location: and Maine ain't one
eh, it's been way too **** long while waiting for Hydrotec to come out with their ****, I'll just wait for it to show up at my field to test it... maybe... eventually.
|07-26-2012, 01:30 PM||#24 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
HydroTec : Ready for Action
The major claims seem to be:
-consistent size and shape
-water based gel-like fill
-somewhat better ballistics with said fill
-longer shelf life
I only ever go through a bag a day of play, so I'd have no problems paying for a quality paint, assuming the claims are all true.
|07-26-2012, 01:30 PM||#25 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ann Arbor, Mi
Accuracy should be better since the balls are round and consistent, depends on seam, did they say no seam ?
BUT, the quoted weight was lighter than a regular paintball, so range and breakablity at range is in question., That 's why people are suspicious of the test being indoor, no long range lobbing.
As others have said, if it is awesome then send people out a baggy of 100 for the cost of shipping, lot's of people try it and like it, yuotube videos and forum comments -viral marketing.
At my main field which is FPO, you can buy different grades, $40 a case or $65. You can tell which is which when you get hit, the cheap stuff doesn't break well, I pay for the stuff that will break and I take less shots, some people like hosing lot's of paint to get the same effect.
Adapt and Survive
|07-26-2012, 01:35 PM||#26 (permalink)|
Yes, that is a joke ---->
|07-26-2012, 01:46 PM||#27 (permalink)|
I saw the words "Hydro" and "Explosion" and thought there was going to be a cool video, Damnit.
|07-26-2012, 02:29 PM||#29 (permalink)|
Was Fed After Midnight
Join Date: Apr 2010
I hope they shoot well. I just think the press release could have been worded better.
PB Explosion is a very nice paintball facility. It is at the location of an old amusement park. Their indoor field was made where the ice rink was and has full bleachers for spectators. They also have a complete finished lounge with a full bar and fireplace! The outdoor theme fields are very nice and made well. Check out the pictures on their website if you haven't seen it before. Paintball Explosion: Indoor & Outdoor Paintball Fields & Store near Chicago, IL
So a case of FPO paint here is normally $85 + admission so this comes out to be slightly cheaper than normal to be one of the first to try out this paint.
My FEEDBACK 52/0/0
“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops
Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.
|07-26-2012, 05:19 PM||#30 (permalink)|
I really hope this paint can do what hydrotech has claimed. With all the setbacks, IMO, they should be giving paint away for people to try. The price doesn't bother as long as it has a long shelf life, little to no effect from heat and cold, and round. I remember when paint was $140 for premium grade and $120 for mid grade. Cases came in two bags, w 2500rnd count.
My Custom Guns: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Custom%20Guns/
WTB: RT (Robtown) Valve/hammer kit for 04 Excalibur
WTB: Racegun autocockers