mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Hydrotec public test at PB Explosion.

From the Hydrotec Facebook page:

Quote:
"HydroTec will be hosting the first official public indoor product offering at Paintball Explosion located in East Dundee IL! This will be the first chance anyone will be able to shoot HydroTec paintballs. Visit Paintball Explosion on Thursday, 7/26/2012 and be one of the first in the world to shoot this new revolutionary product. PB Explosion will be offering cases of HydroTec Element at $95 and a FREE entry for anyone testing the new HydroTec paintballs at Paintball Explosion. Only a limited amount of cases available for testing, so come early! Special starts at 4pm!"
Does anyone plan to try this stuff out? I really hope it lives up to half the marketing claims. I've been waiting a long time for this to release to the public.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brady "B-DAZL" Coleman

CCM Fan
They have maid some VERY bold claims about this stuff... And then, to charge $95 a case to "test" this stuff out for them?!?!? I call shenanigans!!

This is the paint that will turn the paint market up-side-down?? The PERFECT paint?? The new paint that will put all the other paint companies out of business??

Personally, I'm to the "I'll believe it when I see it" phase with Hydrotec... And so far, I'm VERY unimpressed with what I have seen from the in the last 2 years that they have been going around saying this stuff...

Yeah, they have some flashy videos (that could have EASILY been staged) and some bold claims... Now to see if they can back any of it up...

$95 a case for "test" batches... Not looking so hot :P

I HOPE THEY PROVE ME WRONG

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

B-Dazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
From the Hydrotec Facebook page:

Does anyone plan to try this stuff out? I really hope it lives up to half the marketing claims. I've been waiting a long time for this to release to the public.
Me too, I really hope the product lives up to the hype. I'd use the stuff.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
The field admission is $28, so i guess $77 for a premium case of paint isn't too bad. Buy 1 case and play pump all year if it live up to the claim.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Don't understand. It's $95 for Case + Entry at an Indoor Field.
The paint is guaranteed to be high quality

Now, I think $95 per case is a lot... but I've seen local fields charge $85. Every year when I come to the pump game at High Velocity in Long Island it's that price - and last time we got such absolute dimpled soggy crap it nearly ruined the day. Only saving grace was we didn't need more than half a case each.

You're not paying for it to "test" it for them. They have internal testing for that. You're paying to be among the first to try a new product, and have a day of paintball.

Some people might even monetize that opportunity, by producing review content for their websites.

I'm also in the "I'll believe it when I see it" phase, but I don't see anything unreasonable about the above announcement. It's about time. I hope to see reviews.

Last edited by Brewtt; 07-26-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Too much...people will shoot the cheaper paint.
Visit my new group page at http://www.facebook.com/JonesGunWorks#!/JonesGunWorks
http://www.youtube.com/user/Legion99999?feature=mhee
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

If I didnt find out about it today I would have gone its close to me

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I think they mishandled their release to the public, big time. Yes, I understand that the fields will set their prices and that paint is normally $85 a case at PBE plus something like $25 for admission. However, for a new public release and what amounts to market research for them, a discounted price would have been the smart thing to do.

Personally, I am also concerned about the manner of the release. Sure, I am happy to see product released for us to use and review. However, I don't like the fact that their dealers haven't received samples yet and that they are releasing to an indoor field to start - after avoiding my questions about the weight of their ball on their Facebook page. Further, I don't think any media types have gotten their chance to review and comment on the paint either.

Seems to me they may be trying to gain a little positive spin from an indoor field where no one will notice their paint can be outdistanced by other paints available. Hope I am wrong...

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
the bottom line is that when you are releasing a new product that is essentially untested and unseen, you need to be tying it in with a promotion that will allow people to try it at a discount. you're trying to convince people to switch over from another product. so unless theyre planning to charge $100/case normally, this doesnt make much sense to me. even still, if this stuff will be more expensive than a normal case - which is perfectly fine if the claims they have been making about performance, consistency, and shelf life hold true - then maybe instead of trying to sell cases, they should just give out a pod each to a bunch of people. the main goal is to get it into as many peoples' hands as possible and get them talking about it. take a loss at the event, but make sure that people leave raving about these new paintballs. let people think about the price AFTER they fall in love with the product.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
the main goal is to get it into as many peoples' hands as possible and get them talking about it. take a loss at the event, but make sure that people leave raving about these new paintballs. let people think about the price AFTER they fall in love with the product.
Very well put! THIS is how you release a new, unproven product!
You can bet if I paid $95 for a case of unproven, much-hyped paint and it failed to live up to expectations, I would complain loud and long! My point is, if you give free paint to people, they will be more apt to give you a positive review. A person that pays $95 and is NOT happy will do a lot of damage to your fledgling product... Just my opinion!

Proud Member of The Urban Guard

WTB - AGD Horizontal Front-Rail ASA
Spec Ops C-Series AC Barrel w/ thread tip
PowerLyte AC Back

Items to Trade: A DYE double trigger frame w/ red splash dbl. trigger.
Blue Splash Vertical ASA
Classic SS body w/ cut down feedneck
GodSword is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News