mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 08-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobetor View Post
Glad to hear these are solid markers.

What is the barrel threading on these?

If this markers success continues do you think it will eventually replace the 98 line, as they have a similar price point and target market?
They are 98 threaded, which makes for even faster disassembly. I don't think the 98 line will be replaced, it will never die!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
ur my sister

strange, our field got one to try and broke it in no time. don't think they will switch over from the kee's they already get.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
strange, our field got one to try and broke it in no time. don't think they will switch over from the kee's they already get.
Yeah where the FT-12s are easy to work on... they sure do break quicker than 98's. Mostly I see issues with the air line, nothing says poorly executed and committee designed like the high pitch screech of an air fitting that only seals by friction.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Anybody know where these are assembled? I was recommending that new players consider the Gryphon for awhile until I looked at a box and saw "Made in China" on the bottom. I'm a big fan of Tippmann, and I realize the Gryphon is their absolute bottom of the barrel line to compete in the former BE price point, but if outsourcing becomes a trend...

Last edited by Axel; 08-06-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Yeah where the FT-12s are easy to work on... they sure do break quicker than 98's. Mostly I see issues with the air line, nothing says poorly executed and committee designed like the high pitch screech of an air fitting that only seals by friction.
I'm not really comfortable with the trigger pins being housed in plastic, to be honest. I've always liked how BTs have their trigger housings made of steel...at least our old BT-4 rentals had em. I've never had to replace a sear after 5+ years, and I think the tight alignment plays a huge part in that. The 98c trigger pins tend to have a bit of wiggle room.

I also wonder how those cast ASA's will hold up. The machined and anodized ASAs get stripped out and beaten up, so how will raw cast ASAs fare?

I do very much appreciate the fact that Tippmann has finally put a c-clip on their valve. BT's been doing that for a long *** time. Selling a non user servicable valve is a ridiculous money grab, so I'm glad to see we'll be able to swap an o-ring rather than buying a $20+ valve core. Same goes for the valve screws. See ya, glad to see them gone.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

This marker still seems better made in my opinion. I saw both of these at legends, and I was disappointed with the FT-12.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Yes, we won't be changing over until they get more reliable.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealingYerMail View Post
This looks incredible. I've always loved everything about Tippmanns besides the clamshell receivers with all of their screws and pins.
My thoughts exactly. These are Tippys, so they are made to be abused by renters. It's just a huge pain disassembling 20 98 Customs every time you want to service your fleet. I say well done Tippmann

By the time I am ready to buy a bunch of rental markers, hopefully these will be fully tested and the bugs worked out. Especially if there is something to the airline issue.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Anybody know where these are assembled? I was recommending that new players consider the Gryphon for awhile until I looked at a box and saw "Made in China" on the bottom. I'm a big fan of Tippmann, and I realize the Gryphon is their absolute bottom of the barrel line to compete in the former BE price point, but if outsourcing becomes a trend...
China doesn't mean bottom of the barrel. Many high end, and precision parts come from China. It's all about how much a company wants to pay to have something produced there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Very Bork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
China doesn't mean bottom of the barrel. Many high end, and precision parts come from China. It's all about how much a company wants to pay to have something produced there.
FINALLY somebody else understands this

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News