mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #91 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

No sir, I cannot name a reliable source. I didn't come up with it on my own, I read it somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember where. I'll do a little digging tomorrow and see if I can or can't back myself up.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #92 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
This is a better picture. Top right is FSR. You can see the Scarabs have frangible serrations on the rounds to make them break easier on impact.

From Scarab:

I *think* those are mold marks on the tails in the second photo, which would mean these guys have sunk a decent chunk of change into making these rounds.
That screams Perfect Circle to me. Seriously, what you referred to as serrations look identical to the Pepperball rounds I have from the SA8 debacle.

So if that's true and not just speculation on my part I doubt you'll hear a peep from TA on the matter. Sure looks promising, but if it is PC behind it I doubt we'll see much "competition" in pricing.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #93 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just curious, but arent there patent thingies that would prevent Scarab arms from doing this or would open them up to lawsuit?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #94 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Well...if they are in fact licensing the technology like Deuce hinted, then they don't have to worry about it at all.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #95 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Well...if they are in fact licensing the technology like Deuce hinted, then they don't have to worry about it at all.
aaaaah icic
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #96 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Looks like it is an un regged blowback.

5-30fps deviations
Personally I am more interested in their new FS projectiles than the marker. It looks cool and all and I'm sure it will perform fine but my eyes are on the new FS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
Just curious, but arent there patent thingies that would prevent Scarab arms from doing this or would open them up to lawsuit?
Yes and no. If they change the design enough then they can claim it's not the same design and this is if Tiberius has a patent for their FS rounds now (which I think they do).

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #97 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The gun looks like an unregged JABB, but adding a regulator will be easy as pie if you go remote.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #98 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Just to clear some things up about the relationship between Tiberius Arms, First Strike rounds and, Perfect Circle because some people don't know or understand it.

Perfect Circle makes the FS rounds. They use the same equipment that is used to make FN303 rounds. Therefore, they stop production of FN303 rounds to make a run of FS rounds. This is why there is a small collection of colors (White for retail, Blue for default FPO, and multiple fields can in on an order for a specific color).

Tiberius Arms markets and sells the rounds (and probably packages them).

I believe that Perfect Circle developed the fin/skirt design in their work for the FN303 (core components designed and manufactured by AGD). They may have been approached by Tiberius Arms with the idea of de-weaponizing the rounds (removal of the bismuth, and secondary chamber), since, Tiberius Arms were designing the VT-MK-IV to fire FN303 rounds and, they were already in the paintball business.

Here's pic of a pepperball (also made by Perfect Circle) which shows similar pre-frag ridges:

Now for the speculation:

It's possible that Perfect Circle has other, similar hemisphere designs like those specifically shown by Scarab Arms. In which case, this may be a matter of Scarab Arms, approaching Perfect Circle with:

"Make us a round using the 'XXXX' hemisphere and the First Strike Skirt, we'll fill it manually" In which case, Perfect Circle would ship them a bunch of halves (just as we see in the picture), and Scarab would be responsible for filling and assembling them (they're able to be glued together).

Unfortunately, I can't imagine these being sold in commercial scale for the same prices that we pay for FS rounds (even their original price) with a manual assembly. If Perfect Circle is going to fill them using the FN303 equipment, then they'll get a fill port (maybe they can be filled on the rear).

Scarab Arms haven't responded to my query but, they did post up a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYCXrrMjIM

I also noticed that they are claiming longer range... Unless they make them heavier, I'm a bit skeptical as I suspect that the nipple does not make that big of a difference in range, if at all.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
Personally I am more interested in their new FS projectiles than the marker. It looks cool and all and I'm sure it will perform fine but my eyes are on the new FS.
+1 to that. Competition in the market benefits the consumer. Since I buy and shoot a LOT of first strikes, I want to see what happens with this. I wish their marker wasn't a blowback though

I'm currently looking to buy a Tipx setup! PM me!
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #100 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
+1 to that. Competition in the market benefits the consumer. Since I buy and shoot a LOT of first strikes, I want to see what happens with this. I wish their marker wasn't a blowback though
I have been talking with the owner hoping to get an answer to some of your questions...

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News