mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #101 (permalink)
Post Whore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu4z6CPeCeg&feature=plcp
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #102 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

backwards compatability is always good
does anyone make a mag feed gun that isnt a blow back. other than pistols/ pistol carbines
paintball_fiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #103 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

A Milsig converted Phenom would fit your bill. If you didn't consider quality.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #104 (permalink)
Lurker

duplicate of above
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #105 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_fiend View Post
backwards compatability is always good
does anyone make a mag feed gun that isnt a blow back. other than pistols/ pistol carbines
SAR12

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #106 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Anymore word on Scarab Rounds? Release date etc.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #107 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Anymore word on Scarab Rounds? Release date etc.
I just became a dealer for Scarab Arms. Met the owner Rami over the weekend at a huge paintball scenario game in so cal (posted a pic of us on my twitter feed & FB). Talked today in length with him (well over one hr lol) about just about everything he is doing, swell guy. The rounds are still in development. Some very interesting things about the outer shell he tells me. It will have a spiral design for easier breakage. Different material than the Tiberius FS. The fill is where they are at right now. They are testing different types of fills. The rounds will be a continuous shape. In other words they will not have the empty back that the FS rounds have. The spiral is suppose to be different as well. No exact release date but as stated on their FB page it will be the first part of next year. Their markers and magazines look very nice and are shipping out Nov 1. As I find out more I will spill the beans...

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #108 (permalink)
Newbie in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
I just became a dealer for Scarab Arms. Met the owner Rami over the weekend at a huge paintball scenario game in so cal (posted a pic of us on my twitter feed & FB). Talked today in length with him (well over one hr lol) about just about everything he is doing, swell guy. The rounds are still in development. Some very interesting things about the outer shell he tells me. It will have a spiral design for easier breakage. Different material than the Tiberius FS. The fill is where they are at right now. They are testing different types of fills. The rounds will be a continuous shape. In other words they will not have the empty back that the FS rounds have. The spiral is suppose to be different as well. No exact release date but as stated on their FB page it will be the first part of next year. Their markers and magazines look very nice and are shipping out Nov 1. As I find out more I will spill the beans...
Sounds alot like my paintless training Flex Rounds and/or Flex D Rounds in devolopment. Remind me not to share any top secret info with you lol

Flex Rounds and/or Flex D Rounds all rights reserved

Last edited by paintballarmsdealer; 10-17-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: added info
paintballarmsdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #109 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

If they're designing the round to have a larger payload, there's a good chance they will be above ASTM (3.5g, and FS rounds currently weigh 3.11g). Not FN303 heavy of course but, maybe enough for goggle manufacturers and, insurance folks, and possibly recipients (targets) to be concerned.

Also, one of the reasons why the FS round flies so well is that the center of gravity is near the center of pressure (the tip). With a larger payload- the center of gravity will shift rearward which, tends to destabilize projectiles. This is why FN303 rounds have a denser (bismuth powder) nose section- to bring the center of gravity up front..

I wonder what material they are using. Bio/photo-degradable? More or less fragile than the FS rounds?

I messaged them over facebook weeks ago with the following questions and they never responded:
Who is making these?
Who owns the Intellectual Property?
What material are they made from?
This tells me that they are likely not the only ones behind making these which, leads me to believe they are dealing with Perfect Circle and in these types of dealings both companies are probably under a non-disclosure agreement.

If they manage to give us a larger (by volume) payload, I'm all for it. If they bring a round with a heavier weight, I'm 100% okay if it's at or under ASTM. If it's heavier, then I would like to see a lot of public testing in the hopes to show that the shell was more fragile and, less able to transfer energy into the target.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #110 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
yup Rami is a good guy I have known him for several years, I am just waiting on my shippment, one thing he may not have mentioned is the barrel will be specific to the 2nd/3rd gen scarab rounds (cant really call them FS as they will have structal changes to them) that has been the delay in shipping, and a few tweeks on the marker.
Really looking forward to having a go with this marker

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News