mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #111 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldadoom View Post
yup Rami is a good guy I have known him for several years, I am just waiting on my shippment, one thing he may not have mentioned is the barrel will be specific to the 2nd/3rd gen scarab rounds (cant really call them FS as they will have structal changes to them) that has been the delay in shipping, and a few tweeks on the marker.
Really looking forward to having a go with this marker
Oh ya thank you for bringing that up. Their barrel (in development) will be proprietary to the Scarab marker. It will be meant to work in conjunction with their new FS round ('Fin Stabilized' as they are calling it) but of course the round can be used in any first strike ready marker.

From what Rami tells me, Scarab Arms is developing these new rounds not an outside company. You should not speculate just because they don't reply to your questions. I can ask about what their plans are regarding the weight. Remember, it's still in development.

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #112 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

First, I would like to say that by no means am I saying anything negative about Scarab Arms or, even the individuals behind it.

I'm not just making speculations due to their lack of reply, nor am I saying that Perfect Circle is doing all of the development work. Scarab Arms could say they are involved in the development just by having Perfect Circle build them different projectiles to Scarab's specs for testing and final selection (i.e. "give us the fun pattern of the FN303 but, make the whole projectile a container, and give us fragmentation grooves in the nose sectin and fill from the rear").

Here's two other reasons for my speculation which I freely admit to be the case:

The similarity between the FS rounds, and Scarabs prototypes in the pics (fin height, angle, length, the interface between the nose section and the tail section- a "shoe box" joint used by perfect circle). What are the chances that these design features are not covered by patent/s?

Also, how many paintball companies (especially startups) have the capital available for developing a fin stabilized round of their own from scratch (i.e. optimal twist rate, length of skirt, center of gravity/pressure, etc, etc)? This doesn't even cover the material sciences knowledge pertaining to the shell material (i.e. something that breaks on impact but, not in the gun).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #113 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
Oh ya thank you for bringing that up. Their barrel (in development) will be proprietary to the Scarab marker. It will be meant to work in conjunction with their new FS round ('Fin Stabilized' as they are calling it) but of course the round can be used in any first strike ready marker.

From what Rami tells me, Scarab Arms is developing these new rounds not an outside company. You should not speculate just because they don't reply to your questions. I can ask about what their plans are regarding the weight. Remember, it's still in development.

i have to agree, one of the reasons I have not posted any of the many conversations I have had with Rami is that he really cant say, ideas cost $$$ and as we all know certian companies snap ideas up pretty readly.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #114 (permalink)
Newbie in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldadoom View Post
i have to agree, one of the reasons I have not posted any of the many conversations I have had with Rami is that he really cant say, ideas cost $$$ and as we all know certian companies snap ideas up pretty readly.
Oh cRap, I thought there was only 1 company who did that, who eles should I look out 4?
paintballarmsdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #115 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
I just became a dealer for Scarab Arms. Met the owner Rami over the weekend at a huge paintball scenario game in so cal (posted a pic of us on my twitter feed & FB). Talked today in length with him (well over one hr lol) about just about everything he is doing, swell guy. The rounds are still in development. Some very interesting things about the outer shell he tells me. It will have a spiral design for easier breakage. Different material than the Tiberius FS. The fill is where they are at right now. They are testing different types of fills. The rounds will be a continuous shape. In other words they will not have the empty back that the FS rounds have. The spiral is suppose to be different as well. No exact release date but as stated on their FB page it will be the first part of next year. Their markers and magazines look very nice and are shipping out Nov 1. As I find out more I will spill the beans...

Fantastic thank you for the info.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #116 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I am an idiot who cannot multitask.
~My Feedback~

Last edited by senghing27; 10-28-2012 at 07:12 AM.
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #117 (permalink)
giant robot

It looks good and if they've really managed to fix most of the issues with uturn mags then that's a huge bonus.

I'm just not about to buy a marker without eyes that isn't a pump. Also an electro wont fire without a ball in the chamber (and you don't need to recock it after) and allows 3shot burst etc. so it's much more "realistic" and reliable. The DAM is the closest thing but dmag style mags are a dealbreaker, and no stocktank or airthru option = yuk.

More power to scarab though, this looks like a well thought out design even if it is a blowback.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #118 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
I had Sonny Lopez give a brief interview and breakdown of this fine marker.

Video will be uploaded when I get home. It's a neato marker!
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...65380510_n.jpg
Isn't that the carmatech gun? I thought Sonny was working for carmatech.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #119 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to mcgral18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Isn't that the carmatech gun? I thought Sonny was working for carmatech.
I'm thinking that as well, due to the bolt on the side...

An AK will not be stopped by a ham sandwich.
mcgral18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #120 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Ummm i think you might have gotten your threads mixed up dude lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
I had Sonny Lopez give a brief interview and breakdown of this fine marker.

Video will be uploaded when I get home. It's a neato marker!
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...65380510_n.jpg

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News