mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #121 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
Ummm i think you might have gotten your threads mixed up dude lol
Actually. That is correct.

That's what I get for teching guns, exhausted, food coma, and playing around with the new DAM.

I will post to the correct thread.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #122 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Actually. That is correct.

That's what I get for teching guns, exhausted, food coma, and playing around with the new DAM.

I will post to the correct thread.
It's a good hurt though .

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #123 (permalink)

Any one interested in a shooting video of this marker?
MIB_Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #124 (permalink)

Scarab TGR2 with MIB - YouTube

We've been helping develop this marker and make it more like you all are saying, cheaper, more innovative (lol the butt stock comment). Just be patient, MIB doesn't use stupid (expensive for no reason) product. This marker is solid (especially after we all broke our betas). Rami instantly improved the designs and materials to fit the standards of harsh play/use/ using it to beat a spike into the ground. If it wasn't for us pushing him, the HPA versions would still be a ways away.

LETS MAKE PAINTBALL BETTER! Questions, comments, anything; just ask.

Last edited by MIB_Radar; 10-30-2012 at 09:11 PM.
MIB_Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #125 (permalink)

So has anyone actually bought a TGR2 yet? All I keep reading about is speculation of how they will or will not perform but no one who has bought one has done a review.

One bit of interesting information I did read was an email to a potential buyer from Scarab Arms was. In said email they give some really good tech info and one bit I found really interesting was them claiming minor fluctuations of only 5-10 fps difference. There's chrono logs included in the emails, for some reason I cant seem to find the post though. It was on either X7OG or A5OG.
Blind Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #126 (permalink)
Post Whore

Im more interested in the pistol that was rumored they were making
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Eye View Post
So has anyone actually bought a TGR2 yet? All I keep reading about is speculation of how they will or will not perform but no one who has bought one has done a review.

One bit of interesting information I did read was an email to a potential buyer from Scarab Arms was. In said email they give some really good tech info and one bit I found really interesting was them claiming minor fluctuations of only 5-10 fps difference. There's chrono logs included in the emails, for some reason I cant seem to find the post though. It was on either X7OG or A5OG.
Scarab Arms TGR2 - Unboxed with Team: Boxer - YouTube

and my team mate Deadpool: Scarab Arms TGR2 review by Deadpool and hints - YouTube

If you want a more personal chat about the TGR hit me up.

Cody@scarabarms.com
Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB_Radar View Post
Scarab Arms TGR2 - Unboxed with Team: Boxer - YouTube

and my team mate Deadpool: Scarab Arms TGR2 review by Deadpool and hints - YouTube

If you want a more personal chat about the TGR hit me up.

Cody@scarabarms.com
Hey man I really appreciate that. I searched through a ton of videos and never found these. My only beef is I would like to see someone fire about 10 balls through a chrono now. For me this is the only thing that's holding me back from getting one. I acually find it strange no one has yet. Usually this is the first thing someone shows you in a review video before they review it.

I've read where the TGR2 is only having deviations of 10fps and it's usually only a difference of 5fps. My only reservation is the fact that it's not regulated where the MK3 is. Blowback, spoolie, I don't care, as long as the velocity isn't all over the place the valve doesn't matter me.
Blind Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #129 (permalink)

Here's a quick pick of TGR2 with a XPS replica sight I duracoated.

I wanted to hold off any comments about the marker until I had ran it through the ringer a bit. In conclusion I am very happy with the product. I have no past experience with mag fed markers so I can't speak to the comparison aspect. What I can detail is my personal experience with it.

It's very ergonomic, I don't get any hand cramps while using it.
The sight window that shows if you still have ammo in your mag is very useful, I find myself using it quite often.
The rear cocking handle oozes coolness.
The trigger might be a bit stiff for some of you electronic guys but I find the breaking point nice and very much like a real firearm.

As far as deviations go, I'm running co2 (I know, I know) and even still the deviations are remarkable. A 5fps or less deviation is most common but you will sometimes see a difference of 10fps. The again I'll get a spike or drop of about 15-20fps about every 1/15 shots or so which I'm sure is the co2 and you wouldn't see this on hpa.

I've got the XPS sight dialed in to about 50ft. At 50ft I can get about a 6" pattern shotting Graffiti through a 14" .690 Lapco assault. Yesterday we were playing headshots only and from about 40ft I was able to slip some balls through about a 2" vertical gap taking someone out only firing 2 balls. I would recommend going with a 1" sight riser for this marker, anything shorter and you wouldn't be able to use most optics.

So far I have had no issues with breaks, jams, misfeeds, mag issues, or anything else really.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #130 (permalink)
Barned

Meh. Those grips look like they're child sized, and very similiar to the ones used on the rap4 t68..I tried one and as a 15 year old with small hands it was too small. Also, imo the gun doesn't look that great.

Then again, I'm probably just being a moody teenager who has problems with everything.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News