mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
Meh. Those grips look like they're child sized, and very similiar to the ones used on the rap4 t68..I tried one and as a 15 year old with small hands it was too small. Also, imo the gun doesn't look that great.

Then again, I'm probably just being a moody teenager who has problems with everything.
Well thank you for your knowledgeable contribution. Your insight on a marker you've never used or even seen in person is invaluable, literally invaluable.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #132 (permalink)

One of the primary parts of the Perfect Circle patents is the claims to not only the design but the claims of manufacturing process. I am going completly by memory at this moment so bare with. I believe one of the claims is that a hemispheric shape bonds to the fin shaped tube shape, with the payload being injected in from the top of the projectile. Almost like a blow mold, with a secondary port on the inside of the air stem filling the void created. Nevertheless, when a company bypasses a patent, they do so by not infringing on at least one claim.

So to simplify if the Perfect Circle patent says.. Our Claims are 1) The projectile has a round nose and fins set at a predisposed angle 2) The product is manufactured with paint as the payload 3) The shell is made of Polystyrene. As long as the other manufacturer eliminates only one of those claims, a new product is born. Like lets make the projectile out of foam?

Tiberius did this, with the design of their blow forward spool valve. The valve is very close, if not identical to the AGD valve systems, with the exception of the shut off valve found on AGD. Tiberius eliminated the shut off valve by reducing the air port feeding the valve chamber. The port is just big enough to flow enough gas during engine cycle, however it isn't so large that you get a rush of air keeping the bolt from resetting. This is why the Tiberius guns are limited on cycles per second.

Just my two cents
David
CarmatechEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #133 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Meh. Those grips look like they're child sized, and very similiar to the ones used on the rap4 t68..I tried one and as a 15 year old with small hands it was too small. Also, imo the gun doesn't look that great.

Then again, I'm probably just being a moody teenager who has problems with everything.
Seeing as how its just a standard ar15 - m16 grip, yes you are just being a moody teenager.
dukie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #134 (permalink)
Post Whore

Not to mention its compatible with all ar grips. Dont like it change it. Its guys like me who like the m16 styled grips who have a reason to complain when everyone seems to want to release markers with proprietary 1911 styled grips which i hate. Or those blasted 90* grips ughhh.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:

The truth is those grips are cheap to produce and buy. All the new markers fit m4 grips. It's a better investment than anything else on a TGR.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #136 (permalink)

Here's a better shot of it.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #137 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Very cool. Attempt at ATACS FG?

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #138 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
Very cool. Attempt at ATACS FG?
It looks like a regular ol snake skin pattern using netting.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #139 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Looks like a weird block with a grip underneath. Not a fan at all of the look but I am interested in how it performs.
Diggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #140 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB_Radar View Post
The truth is those grips are cheap to produce and buy. All the new markers fit m4 grips. It's a better investment than anything else on a TGR.
Sorry. I apologize for my earlier comment as it was impulsive and rude....I guess what I was trying to say is that the grips just look uncomftorable.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News