mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #141 (permalink)
Rec Poster

They have a new marker set for release in July called the R1 (IIRC). Here's a picture of it from their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=800%2C600
ra1d3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #142 (permalink)
Post Whore

edit: I pulled these from facebook

basically, just added a receiver extension to accommodate a remote line, and a fn scar stock.
Its nice to see them properly execute the look though. IMO looks much better than the scar-esque prototype they can earlier.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; 05-25-2013 at 05:17 PM.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
Sorry. I apologize for my earlier comment as it was impulsive and rude....I guess what I was trying to say is that the grips just look uncomftorable.
Seeing as you haven't ever held one here's some information on the grip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Eye View Post
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps3cd1c73b.jpg

Here's a quick pick of TGR2 with a XPS replica sight I duracoated.

I wanted to hold off any comments about the marker until I had ran it through the ringer a bit. In conclusion I am very happy with the product. I have no past experience with mag fed markers so I can't speak to the comparison aspect. What I can detail is my personal experience with it.

It's very ergonomic, I don't get any hand cramps while using it.
The sight window that shows if you still have ammo in your mag is very useful, I find myself using it quite often.
The rear cocking handle oozes coolness.
The trigger might be a bit stiff for some of you electronic guys but I find the breaking point nice and very much like a real firearm.

As far as deviations go, I'm running co2 (I know, I know) and even still the deviations are remarkable. A 5fps or less deviation is most common but you will sometimes see a difference of 10fps. The again I'll get a spike or drop of about 15-20fps about every 1/15 shots or so which I'm sure is the co2 and you wouldn't see this on hpa.

I've got the XPS sight dialed in to about 50ft. At 50ft I can get about a 6" pattern shotting Graffiti through a 14" .690 Lapco assault. Yesterday we were playing headshots only and from about 40ft I was able to slip some balls through about a 2" vertical gap taking someone out only firing 2 balls. I would recommend going with a 1" sight riser for this marker, anything shorter and you wouldn't be able to use most optics.

So far I have had no issues with breaks, jams, misfeeds, mag issues, or anything else really.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #144 (permalink)
Post Whore

Those are all very sexy guns archangel. Especially the shorty.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #145 (permalink)
Post Whore

Oh i think i should note those arent mine. Just various pics of their newer marker pulled from their facebook.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News