mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Mind Your Manners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Is it just me, or are all the mag fed options coming out seeming a bit too... complete?

Give me something like what CCM is doing with their bolt action gun. Just a main body, but compatible with existing furniture. That way I can put on whatever I want, or even not put anything on if I choose. A stripped down mag fed gun with a bare barrel, single rail along the top, and a small bottom-line tank (9oz, 13ci, etc) would be a joy to play with.
In other words... Tippmann or KEE should step up and slap a magwell on the 98 or BT-4. Keep the price the same, and boom, mag-style play takes off overnight. Everyone can use their existing upgrades and tactilawl accessories and nobody has to shell out $700 for what's still a very niche marker.
Mike Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

scarab round? Finally a potential FSR competition. Hopefully if the laws of free market come into play then there may be some price reduction.

Those scarab rounds look awfully familiar, the least they could do is give them a different color.
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

I like the look, hate the blowback design but I like how it looks. Looks mean a lot of milsimmers.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1d3x View Post
The finned rounds aren't really a product created by Tiberius. It's been used in non-lethal applications with law enforcement for years before Tiberius even got the idea to fill it with paint instead of pepper powder.

As for the marker itself, I wouldn't get it due to it being a blowback and semi only while milsigs' m17 has their new HEAT and mechanical full auto. Plus the M17 is cheaper in price too.

Now, if only it can be confirmed that the Scarab Arms short mags fit in the M17...
Yeah... Except that the rounds that are made for Tiberius are made by the same company that makes the non-lethal rounds. The history is long and interesting, and starts with paintball.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Make a magfed gun with a functional buttstock, functional in that you can aim down the sights with a full sized paintball mask on. Then I will be interested.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Yeah... Except that the rounds that are made for Tiberius are made by the same company that makes the non-lethal rounds. The history is long and interesting, and starts with paintball.
Yes, you are correct. Even Tiberius used to (and still does) provide the non-lethal markers to the law enforcement community. The thing is, many people think Tiberius is the one that came up with the rounds which is simply not right. Heck, probably these "scarab rounds" are from the same manufacturer too but we won't know until it comes out or until more information on it is released. Effective and innovative design none-the-less.

Btw, have anyone ever tried firing the finned rounds out of a rifled barrel with twist rifling? I've never tried it, but I am wondering how the grooves in the fins and the twist rifling affect eachother.
ra1d3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think I remember reading something from uvhalo about rifle on rifle action. He said something along the lines of pieces of shell leaving residue along the grooves. Not enough to distort the in flight pattern of solo rounds. After a hundred or so shots, the rifled barrel has to be swabbed to remove fin particles.
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #28 (permalink)
Carmatech SAR-12 BTT #006

Smells and looks like Rap4 junk

Sponsored by Tiberius Arms Factory, Military Assault Gear

Fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
idk, design looks quite diff tho.
-=ArchAngel=- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #30 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
More like Milsig IMO...

Anyways, id like to here more from MCM, their homepage has been quite dead like a year back.

Their lil P90-lookalike is quite arousing...

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News