mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Its made to look like the fn not the p90 . But same same. The more the merrier as far as in concerned though I think their price point is high. Even if its performance is there. To compete in these budget ballet days they should a set lower
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #32 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Its made to look like the fn not the p90 . But same same.
Eeehh...

Heard of FN P90?!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

They are different. Only slightly but still
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1d3x View Post
Yes, you are correct. Even Tiberius used to (and still does) provide the non-lethal markers to the law enforcement community. The thing is, many people think Tiberius is the one that came up with the rounds which is simply not right. Heck, probably these "scarab rounds" are from the same manufacturer too but we won't know until it comes out or until more information on it is released. Effective and innovative design none-the-less.

Btw, have anyone ever tried firing the finned rounds out of a rifled barrel with twist rifling? I've never tried it, but I am wondering how the grooves in the fins and the twist rifling affect eachother.
Tiberius Started with Paintball, they quickly started selling guns to the less-lethal community, and now it has dominated their revinue and operations. They developed the T4 specifically to compete against the FN303 and making it capable of firing pepper balls and FN303 rounds. Later on, Tiberius worked with Perfect Circle Paintball (the company behind the FN303 rounds) to bring the "First Strike" round to market.

As far as firing FS rounds through a rifled barrel: The fins do not interact with the rifling to any significant degree, if at all. The reason: The diameter of the fins is narrower than the diameter (caliber) of the round.

My thoughts on the rifle: If someone wants to get into the paintball business the easiest way would be to copy (and possibly improve) components that are no longer covered under patent and produce at a low cost. If you can do that well, you may gain a foothold that would allow for funding a new- ground up design of your own (and be able to afford the tooling, prototyping, testing, etc.

Isn't this how Planet Eclipse, Dye, and CCM got started?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #35 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
They are different. Only slightly but still
I think you may have some terms confused. FN is short for FN Herstal. FN produces the P90 (submachine gun), the PS90 (civilian version of the P90), the F2000 (submachine-gun), the FS2000 (civilian version), the SCAR, a hole bunch of other firearms and, of course, the FN303 (through cooperation with Airgun Designs).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

I just mean the mcm doesn't look exactly like the p90 that's what I meant by its bases on various fun designs but not the p90 specifically sorta of a hodgepodge .
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
The MCM K1 was licensed to RAP 4 and it looks like Rap4 is selling it as a LEO less lethal system with no outlet for paintball that I am aware here:
DMAG Launchers Launchers

Price tag is $1600

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah what happend with that I mean when it broke news over here it seemed it was gonna be for paintball as well. What's the whole story there
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
The MCM K1 was licensed to RAP 4 and it looks like Rap4 is selling it as a LEO less lethal system with no outlet for paintball that I am aware here:
DMAG Launchers Launchers

Price tag is $1600
Did anyone else see that pistol they are supposedly developing?

Name:  MCM_Pistol_Launcher_3023.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  9.9 KB

Quote:
Under development with MCM is a pistol launcher designed specifically and exclusively for DMAG Launchers. Although capable of holding up to six 18 mm (.68) caliber finned projectiles in its magazine, this pistol is the most compact, less-lethal, pneumatic launcher of its kind.

The body holds a 12 gram disposable CO2 cartridge that powers up to eight shots before needing replacement. Thia pistol is built for high performance. It is highly accurate with a built in regulator that stabilizes muzzle velocity under any weather condition, especially during rapid fire. As well, the pistol frame is made of aircraft aluminum and a tough polymer for the highest durability under rough use.

The pistol is designed to fill a critical gap in the use of force and to provide the safest, most effective less-lethal weapon available today. It will be capable of firing First Strike training rounds, SmartRounds smart bullets, or other d-shaped rounds.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Did anyone else see that pistol they are supposedly developing?

Attachment 34568
Lol, they had a kingman Eraser picture there for a time, now changed it to a Ram....
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News