mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #61 (permalink)
65%More Bullet Per Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
Its the most marketable to Military and Law Enforcement. Plus, its easily the most popular firearm today.
Popularity is just the fallacy that "one million idiots can't be Wrong'

I wanna see something that makes engineering sense from a PAINTBALL standpoint, not 'How can we make this look like an AR?"

What about an FG-42 inspired marker? Side-feed mags. Or something that uses a polymer magazine with a constant tension spring?

Or maybe a side-feeding U shaped mag with a constant tension spring feeding First Strikes, With a 20 round feed on top for normal paintballs, a Dogleg stock off the bottomline, a vertical adapter for 3.5-9oz co2 tanks, and ION/Mag/Tippmann internals?

By the way, I actually LIKE the BT-15, because it's design has some damn inspiration behind it, it's not JABB dressed up to look like an AR.
I remember when I started getting into paintball and the Armotech WG series were overpriced, hideously Bad blowbacks dressed up like ARs. I stand unimpressed, a Decade later.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #62 (permalink)
Post Whore

One thing I'll say is. It would be much more aesthetically pleasing to have the long banana styled mag guns like ak clones or etc. Because the size of the paintballs its impossible to get usable amounts of shots out of a real steel sized M4 mag. The dmag drum is a great idea for that. The box mag is good too. It would be nice to have some more bad guy guns too. Oh and some bull pups. I'd like to see a steyre Aug look alike. Or maybe like a l85
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #63 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohri View Post
Popularity is just the fallacy that "one million idiots can't be Wrong'

I wanna see something that makes engineering sense from a PAINTBALL standpoint, not 'How can we make this look like an AR?"

What about an FG-42 inspired marker? Side-feed mags. Or something that uses a polymer magazine with a constant tension spring?

Or maybe a side-feeding U shaped mag with a constant tension spring feeding First Strikes, With a 20 round feed on top for normal paintballs, a Dogleg stock off the bottomline, a vertical adapter for 3.5-9oz co2 tanks, and ION/Mag/Tippmann internals?

By the way, I actually LIKE the BT-15, because it's design has some damn inspiration behind it, it's not JABB dressed up to look like an AR.
I remember when I started getting into paintball and the Armotech WG series were overpriced, hideously Bad blowbacks dressed up like ARs. I stand unimpressed, a Decade later.
While i would like to see the sames things as you do, it doesnt change what i said. Doesnt matter
I disagree with the statement "Popularity is just the fallacy that "one million idiots can't be Wrong' ". Popularity is simply how appealing and liked something is to the general population. It doesnt not say anything about truth or fallacies and does not claim to. Popularity is based on opinion. And opinion has nothing to do with truth. It is merely what we believe to be truth or what is true relative to each being.

What does it mean from the business perspective? It means money. While i'd like to see some more innovation from bigger companies, ultimately the bottom line for many businesses is money and that's how many companies are going to base their opinions.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; 08-20-2012 at 08:59 PM.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #64 (permalink)
Post Whore

Did anyone else see that pistol they are supposedly developing?

Russe:
Quote:
Did anyone else see that pistol they are supposedly developing?
The should develop a .43 cal "FN" Browning Highpower ..... A classic - like the 1911. They are much more compact than the Rap4? ramx50 sig 226. It shouldn't be a problem (right). Actually the .43 P99 and the glock are smaller than the P226.

like this:

Originally Posted by Tohri
Quote:
WHY does every 'Milsim' marker have to mimic a Gorram AR? I'm sick to DEATH of craptacular AR-lookalikes.
Yes a FG42 would be cool .....

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.

Last edited by bond commander bond; 08-20-2012 at 11:36 PM.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #65 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond commander bond View Post
Russe:

The should develop a .43 cal "FN" Browning Highpower ..... A classic - like the 1911. They are much more compact than the Rap4? ramx50 sig 226. It shouldn't be a problem (right). Actually the .43 P99 and the glock are smaller than the P226.

like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...800px-Bda9.JPG

Originally Posted by Tohri

Yes a FG42 would be cool .....
not going to happen after years of asking APS to increase thier product line, and many emails regarding improvments to the products (hell even the oil they sold with thier markers was wrong) they have gone down the airssoft road...........the most ardent users of .43 have all pretty much moved on now.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #66 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
i'd like to see more .50 pistols. .50 is a great caliber for small arms in terms of usable ranges, and .50 paint can be purchased in prices that are not crazy high like the .43 paint.

Maybe a desert eagle in .50?
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #67 (permalink)
Post Whore

Not to mention fields actually allow it. Unlike .43
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #68 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

Tried using the reseller/dealer form a while back and we haven't heard back. If it wasn't so bloody common with new companies I'd say it's a bad sign.

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #69 (permalink)

any news on the round itself?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #70 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
they just posted some new pictures on their facebook page.

Their round is on the left, Tiberius Arms First Strike on the right:

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News