mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   Scarab Arms, New mag fed marker (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/211008-scarab-arms-new-mag-fed-marker.html)

Arson24 08-15-2012 01:46 PM

Scarab Arms, New mag fed marker

So these guys came out of now where....
they should fire their non existent marketing guy

Can use both Milsig and Rap4 mags and will have their own FS round
(finned round)

PDF: http://www.scarabarms.com/images/_1.pdf
site: Scarab Arms

"The Scarab TGR2 MILSIM Magazine Fed Marker is constructed from durable light-weight T6 Aluminum Alloy and Nylon Fiber with fully ambidextrous controls, sling mounts, comfortable ergonomics and an easy and quick dissasembly feature. The Scarab Marker is equipped with high end iron sights and an integrated MIL-STD 1913 top mounting rail for optical or electronic sights and other accessories. The lightweight fiber magazine holds 18 projectiles while the marker its self features a chamber sight window to instantly verify both the payload type and need to conduct a tactical or regular reload.
In addition to this the SCARAB will accept numerous 0.68 paintball magazines manufactured by different suppliers.
The propellant source is hidden in the butstock for a more realistic and tactical feel while the pistol grip can be exchanged with almost all Gas Blow Back Airsoft AR platforms or real steel m4/m16 pistol grips.
The Barrel system is 100% free floating accepting any A5 threaded barrel. The Scarab also comes standard with an extremely tough RIS sytem that holds a built in cleaning rod."

specs:
"Caliber: 0.68(17mm) and Fin Stabalized Round Ready
Action: Semi-Automatic open bolt Blowback
Fire Selector: Ambidextrous
Rail System: Free Floating RIS
Magazine release: Ambidextrous
Propellant: HPA, CO2 or Nitrogen
Working Pressure: 300 1000PSI
Projectile Feed: Spring loaded Magazine Fed
Effective Range (standard 0.68 Paintball 3.2g) 45m/147ft
Effective Range (Scarab Round) 70m/229ft
Velocity: up to 300FPS Please ensure your marker is shooting at 300fps or under to ensure a safe MILSIM environment."

**Some Info borrowed from GreyOps (here)**

Kanas 08-15-2012 01:53 PM

Seems to be another law enforcement training company starting to sell paintball stuff.

Rover Lead 08-15-2012 01:56 PM

Dammit! Too bad it's a blowback.

Flint 08-15-2012 01:58 PM

Meh, im just gonna re post what i wrote on greyops

A blowback? again? On the photo it appears to be using a RAP4 backbottle adapter, or a one styled to look like one, and repeating the bad design of it...
Has the concept of innovation has been completely forgotten in the industry? How long this mad dashing for a tiny slice of an already stale pie, gonna continue?

russc 08-15-2012 01:58 PM

Excellent. I love the rise in mag fed play. Sounds like a STBB?

Wish they'd come out with base guns similar to the AT-10. Full size carbines are bunk.

Rover Lead 08-15-2012 02:27 PM

I too love the rise in mag fed play, but I have learned from experience that when you have 20 rounds versus a full rotor, you need every advantage you can get. I'm waiting for the milsig HEAT line. I just can't do a mag fed blowback.

Waylost 08-15-2012 02:42 PM

Scarab round, any pics on these?

Arson24 08-15-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waylost (Post 2444774)
Scarab round ready?
New firststrike?

ya their finned paintball, not sure if they have a license or just copying
should be interesting to hear their story

here is a email response to one of the OG'ers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarab Arms
the retail sticker price is $699.00USD pre order will be a pretty good price, stay tuned for pre order price

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarab Arms
The Magazines we manufacture are proprietary to the SCARAB TGR2 but the marker itself will accept 2 other 0.68cal mags so if you already run a mag fed you will probably still be able to use your old mags.

Scarab Mags are patent pending designs that utilize the U - Turn concept but the internals are designed to accept fin stabilized and regular 0.68 Paintballs, it does feature a winding mechanism but we were able to iron out the notorious problems with the other winding mechanisms like the tangled threads/cables etc.. and the chopping issues or misfeeds....

The 12 round Mag will take 12 0.68 paintballs but only 10 FS The 18 rounder will take 18 0.68 and 16 FS.

I will be posting more info online ASAP and hopefully a video too.

Please stay tuned and thanks a lot for your interest in Scarab Arms.

Regards,

Rami

shadawg 08-15-2012 02:58 PM

I'd be interested in a mag fed gun if someone would make a UMP style semi sub gun with a stick feed magazine that shot FS rounds. I'd invest heavily in it. I don't want remote air either. 12 gram or onboard air. I'd buy that gun all day long to back up my CCM.
Don't want uturn mags. Straight stick feed single stack.

PoisonMarket 08-15-2012 04:15 PM

Wicked