mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

I miss SO. I actually liked the forum back in its heyday, despite the PG13 rules, and it's what really got me into paintball. And I still love my Blackcell V2 vest, 5 years and counting of solid, regular service.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Come to think of it, I think I got a warning for the stupidest thing. Can't remember why.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Me too. The only infraction I ever got on a board: 'double posting'. The cause:

In the SO Hard Goods forum, I posted a poll about whether or not Specops should have Stiffi Stiff-Tips made with the C-Series tips. To get more visibility, in the Barrels section (completely different sub-forum), I posted a link to the thread (as a new topic), and asked folks to check it out.

What I miss about the old specops: The SO Woodland Digi pattern, Omnipat, ultralights. I like the harnesses and pouches they made too but, fortunately for me, all of mine are still in good working order and, other manufacturers have moved in.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #34 (permalink)
Igloo member

The spec ops forums are what got me into paintball. most of what i know was founded on the forum.

The language rules were pretty straight forward, if you would not say it in front of your 5 year old child. then dont say it. its not hard to do. but sometimes the word filter would catch things and mess up my sentences.

its a shame it all fell apart.
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I miss the old Spec Ops. Don't want anything to do with the new Spec-Ops. I consider MOATI a friend of mine, and although I haven't read the thread yet, I do know a bit of what happened and I don't like it.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #36 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Spec Ops forum was definitely my stepping stone into the Utah paintball scene. I played for a few years in Ontario, Canada and wanted to keep playing when I moved here. The downside was I didn't know absolutely anyone. I went to my local paintball shop (Pegleg's, thanks Dale Price!) and asked them where people play. They directed me to the Spec Ops forum. I started sending out random pm's to people around the Utah area and a dude from Bad Karma got in touch with me. Before I knew it, I was balls deep in paintball, lol.

I watched what Dazl described from the sidelines, I'm friends with Dazl, Mo, and know Jason Orvis as well. It was like watching the Titanic sink, it happened so fast.
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

So what actually happened to the old Specops? How is it that good guys like MO, Dazle and Jason Orvis got screwed? Wasn't Robert from the old COPS911 involved in the old Specops? Like I said before, the later specops was screwing up every order I placed, so I gave up.

I'm currently looking to buy a Tipx setup! PM me!
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
Rec Poster

With all of this talk, is there no way to rescue the "old" spec ops? There is no way the current owners are making a dime sitting on the brand and not doing a dang thing with it. I don't know the story or what the hell is going on. But there has to be a way to bring it back.
Buttont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

If you ask me, we don't need the brand back. Just get all the original crew together and start again with a new name
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
If you ask me, we don't need the brand back. Just get all the original crew together and start again with a new name

I assume the brand owns the various designs and such.
Buttont is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News