mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttont View Post
I assume the brand owns the various designs and such.
makes sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
Wipers
I'm ambidextrous. Fear me.
Please leave me honest Feedback after any B/S/T arrangments. Thank you.
Down Range Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttont View Post
I assume the brand owns the various designs and such.
Apparently, it doesn't. MOATI does, and from what I saw, they wanted people, a year ago, to send them their Spec-Ops stuff so that they could reverse engineer it and make copies.

They may own the fabric, and the rights to make said fabric, but they don't own the patterns to make the pants, jerseys, vests, and so on. So they have start over from scratch, and aren't doing a good job of it.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #43 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Stopped checking to see if the forum came back weeks ago. I just don't care. Got the email saying all is well. Still just don't feel like returning. Nothing happened there anymore and just about everyone has bailed. At least the titanic had the band playing til the end. Many left with a few years back, and the rest bailed when MOATI did. Not much there anymore but a really empty forum. I hate to say it cause I really used to love and bleed SO. But now....just no. It isn't the same. Its like when your favorite local pizza shop shuts down and someone else moves in. You try to be comfy. You try to enjoy it and reminisce. But in the end. It isn't the same spot it once was and the new guy's pizza sucks ***.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato View Post
Stopped checking to see if the forum came back weeks ago. I just don't care. Got the email saying all is well. Still just don't feel like returning. Nothing happened there anymore and just about everyone has bailed. At least the titanic had the band playing til the end. Many left with a few years back, and the rest bailed when MOATI did. Not much there anymore but a really empty forum. I hate to say it cause I really used to love and bleed SO. But now....just no. It isn't the same. Its like when your favorite local pizza shop shuts down and someone else moves in. You try to be comfy. You try to enjoy it and reminisce. But in the end. It isn't the same spot it once was and the new guy's pizza sucks ***.
and the new guys a jerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
Wipers
I'm ambidextrous. Fear me.
Please leave me honest Feedback after any B/S/T arrangments. Thank you.
Down Range Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Gun whore to the core

Brass N Wood Fan
Has anyone bought anything from the new site yet? I was thinking of picking something up and seeing if it takes 2 weeks to send it out like it used to. Love SpecOps products, the people behind it not so much.

If someone has bought from the new site, maybe a good review in the review section would be good.

EDIT: Saw this going through their store and immediately thought of the Radius Gauntlet from WTF.

Link

Last edited by xgunslingerx; 09-09-2012 at 12:19 PM.
xgunslingerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I attempted to start a new account there. I don't remember my old account, so I tried to see if I could start a new one. I get to the page that I have to check the box to agree to the terms, and it reloads. I can't agree to the terms to make an account. I don't see any reason to even try any further.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
Just falconing' around.

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Man, that was the first forum I joined. Things were pretty cool for awhile but I eventually jumped ship here because the community was just so much richer. I haven't signed in for years.
"Hey, you know how people drive cross-country in their Corollas? And then need to get their oil changed, after a straight 1200 mile drive? Yes? Now take a good look at your blueprints. See that 'cage' in front of the oil filter?
Yeah, that's the exhaust manifold.
Go die. " - Deus Machina
My Spec-ops Feedback. http://forum.specialopspaintball.com...27&hl=Gas+mask
MCB feedback (Thanks Longbeard)
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Wants thread. http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...ted-often.html
DO NOT SHIP A PACKAGE TO ME VIA UPS.
Gas mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

whar exactly happened to spec ops? one minute they are on top of the game, and I credit them with ring woodsball back in a big way, the next, crappy products and apparently a crash landing. What happened?
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I think that it was the business model that Jayson modeled the company on. I heard, but can't confirm this, that basically he had every one that ran a department had to bid keep running said department. Seems like it would not be a long term method of running a company, but then again, I may have heard wrong.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #50 (permalink)
Team Lockdown

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Im still a mod on the SO forums, but mostly out of habit. Hasnt been "busy" in a long time....and the recent change in management hasnt helped much.
The rules have been pretty relaxed for several years though - a few of the more uptight mods & admins left a long time ago, so its been mellow for quite awhile now.

the stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News