mcarterbrown.com
 

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #51 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post
What was so great about the old Revvies? Honestly, I have no clue about hoppers. Do they sell an equivalent to Revvies, but motor is applied to the motor constantly (C.A.T)..and that's the problem?

If there's a good quality, cheap hopper being sold, but it's only problem is that the motor stays on I would love to know about it. It takes maybe a $1 worth of electronic components to make these things sound activated.

I wouldn't mind posting a full design of cheap radioshack parts if it would help people out. If there's some other problem (i.e. lack of eyes), well that's not a big issue either.
Well they are awesome for Nostalgia, and those old guns like Angels and Shocker sports with HI rise feednecks!!! Just seems wrong to put a Rotor or Prophecy on an old gun.
fg2chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni
 
Magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, Tejas

P0E, sorry, I forgot about your first post in regards to the subject.

You've about got it. The Revolution's main appeal, for me, is that I am a fan of mechanical markers, and all I need is an agitated loader, and there are not a lot of options on the market these days. It's a tried and true design, it's simple and it's reliable. I've used several Revvies in my day, and they are fantastic hoppers. The new one's major problem, in my mind, is that the C.A.T. is annoying and unnecessary. I do not need it or want it going all the time.

In regards to sound activation, the only hopper I liked better than my Revvies was the ORIGINAL Empire Reloader. It was an exact copy of the Revolution, but it was sound activated. It cycled every time my gun did, and I preferred that over the eye system. It also had the soft plastic shell, which was superior to the hard plastic that the later model Revvies used (which cracked often).

The Empire Overdrive DB hopper is close, but it looks tall, and the shells look delicate.
__________________
King Kong rules.




Last edited by Magoo; 09-24-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
P0E
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: P0E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
P0E, sorry, I forgot about your first post in regards to the subject.

You've about got it. The Revolution's main appeal, for me, is that I am a fan of mechanical markers, and all I need is an agitated loader, and there are not a lot of options on the market these days. It's a tried and true design, it's simple and it's reliable. I've used several Revvies in my day, and they are fantastic hoppers. The new one's major problem, in my mind, is that the C.A.T. is annoying and unnecessary. I do not need it or want it going all the time.

In regards to sound activation, the only hopper I liked better than my Revvies was the ORIGINAL Empire Reloader. It was an exact copy of the Revolution, but it was sound activated. It cycled every time my gun did, and I preferred that over the eye system. It also had the soft plastic shell, which was superior to the hard plastic that the later model Revvies used (which cracked often).

The Empire Overdrive DB hopper is close, but it looks tall, and the shells look delicate.
Hmm.

$13 for a VL Revolution CAT on ANS gear! Dang. Closest thing I see is $31, then $79.

Well I'll post something hopefully tomorrow if I get the time. Sound activated should be easy. I could do eyes, but folks might be intimidated drilling holes?

Do RadioShacks still typically have electronic parts? The one in my area has a little rack way behind the cell phones.
P0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #54 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni
 
Magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, Tejas

It looks like the C.A.T. Revvy even uses the same shells as the standard, as you can see the recesses for the eyes. They just skimped on electronics. I would be VERY interested in a sound activated Revvy, and would love to see what you can do.
__________________
King Kong rules.




Last edited by Magoo; 09-25-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SC

The whole CAT thing pissed me off. Don't straight wire the motor to the battery and then tell me its a technological improvement. Hell any idiot can do that.

I still have a original Reloader kit installed in my current Revy shell. Works great on something with alittle kick. Won't work on my friends Ion for some reason.

And I would love to see a how to on converting a loader to sound activated.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #56 (permalink)
Total wreath
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas

CCM Fan
Add a piezo crystal most likely
Some sort of logic ie transistor
if some one sent me a board or pic I might be able to duplicate it if I can get the parts
I've been wanting to make some old 9v revvy boards but haven't had time
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #57 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni
 
Magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, Tejas

Oh, I never thought that the batteries may be wired directly to the motor. If that's the case, it may be harder to modify without a control board. But the amount of electronics I know, well, it's little...
__________________
King Kong rules.



Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #58 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Jaccen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SW Ontario

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
And I would love to see a how to on converting a loader to sound activated.
The Inflicted had this a few posts back:

Running a VL Force off a Reloader II board.
__________________
MCB Feedback
Please ship to me using US Postal Service when shipping to Canada.
Don't ship to Canada? No worries--I can work it out with you: US Parcel Pickup

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
brew52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Indiana

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Oh, I never thought that the batteries may be wired directly to the motor. If that's the case, it may be harder to modify without a control board. But the amount of electronics I know, well, it's little...
Could a guy just mount normal revi internals in it? I have 6 or 8 sets but I hate to buy one of the CAT loaders just to see if I can amke it work.
brew52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #60 (permalink)
Original SWARM
 
Sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

So just got off the phone with Kee. This "NEW" JT Evlution loader that is advertised here, has only been produced in a very small limited run for Team XSV and will only be available through them on the website link that is posted. The product will not be available through the Empire/JT website as of this time.
It also cannot be ordered through Kee as a dealer for local stores to carry. I did not try and order it from XSV. Maybe they will wholesale it.

Too bad, could be a big hit if they released it wider.
__________________
Sandman
Original Swarm

Feedback
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC