mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #121 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

What is all this talk of new players? I've owned dozens, if not scores of guns in my 7 years in the sport and I am retardedly excited about this. Because from my dabbling with mech Ions I already know that they can shoot as consistently, more efficiently, and with way less weight than the much-vaunted Automag. To have an off-the-shelf single trigger version, at under $150?? HELL YEAH!
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 10-08-2012 at 08:05 AM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #122 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
What is all this talk of new players? I've owned dozens, if not scores of guns in my 7 years in the sport and I am retardedly excited about this. Because from my dabbling with mech Ions I already know that they can shoot as consistently, more efficiently, and with way less wait than the much-vaunted Automag. To have an off-the-shelf single trigger version, at under $150?? HELL YEAH!
HELL YA

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #123 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
What is all this talk of new players? I've owned dozens, if not scores of guns in my 7 years in the sport and I am retardedly excited about this. Because from my dabbling with mech Ions I already know that they can shoot as consistently, more efficiently, and with way less wait than the much-vaunted Automag. To have an off-the-shelf single trigger version, at under $150?? HELL YEAH!
Word.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #124 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
A-friggin-men! My thoughts exactly.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #125 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

Quote:
I realize I'm the forth or fifth person to quote this bit of text.. but.. Hell Yeah!

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #126 (permalink)
MCB Member

A new reliable mechanical rental marker would be nice. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #127 (permalink)
Post Whore

lemmings following lemmings.

SP brought out the ion and it got fire power in the hands of everyone. now, everyone has an ion or an electro, so what is the ex-SP going to do. they do listen to the market place and there is a mech vacuum. the mech ion has grown to be viable. since the various parts were probably made close to a million, for the ion, why not rebadge, rework them so that people that can easily recreate it probably for less than it would to buy this, and fools are parting with there money.

sure, single trigger is new, but what else? i don't care what the patents say, if you wanted a mech, there are plenty of Mags and cockers out there, if spyders and tippmanns are your thing. what more can you want for a mech? i bought my mag new in 99 and other than changing out the bolt for a L10(which is tested and proven anti-chop bolt), dropping some oil in it last year, it hasn't failed me.

SP has never done anything other telling you what the new thing is for you to buy. porting give better accuracy. closed bolt makes your shot go farther. turbo isn't cheating, its a loop hole in the rules. our guns aren't better than anyone, but we can sue people that are smaller and strong arm our way to a bigger market share.

why are people blinded by obvious truths?

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #128 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Boohoo. Let's beat the they're bad men drum some more.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #129 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
if you wanted a mech, there are plenty of Mags and cockers out there, if spyders and tippmanns are your thing. what more can you want for a mech?
Let's see. I want a mech that is currently produced. That means both Mags and Autocockers are effectively out. I don't want to spend a fortune, so PPS is out. I want a compact, centerfeed, non-MILSIM gun, so Tippmann and most inline blowbacks are out. Same with Tiberius. I don't want a stacked tube blowback, so Spyders and all variations thereof are out.

What's left?

Yeah, Cockers and Mags are great. But they not readily available to most players and are legacy supported only. This has the potential to offer players a consistent gun at a great price. There is nothing wrong with that.

SP is no longer an evil empire. They are basically an insignificant force in paintball. They were destroyed. Say what you will about the people running GOG, but at least they are putting out a marker that, in my opinion, the market sorely needs. Which is why I have already put my money on the table for this.

But I'm just a fool.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #130 (permalink)
Anonymous

I'm not A big fan of its styling, but I can see people liking it better than a 98, or whatever the new flavor from tippman.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News