mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #161 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Picture looks like a single trigger Vibe.

These are similar to Mech Ions? The price has me interested. Looks like I might need an Ion to Cocker barrel adapter.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #162 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
The marker is more like an eNVy than a Ion.

The SFT shocker had SFT threads, every marker since than has been Impulse/Ion Threaded.

The feedneck is going to be like the G-1/eNVy.

The asa will be like the eNVy.

From what I have been told, it's going to be really hard to chop a ball with how the internals are set up. More to come with it when all the info is released.

The gun will be able to be upgraded later on to an eNVy, so it can grow with your son to make it an electro. Add a Blackheart board and you're good to go.

Obviously, we'd appreciate if you bought one from us!
from the pre-order thread in the dealers section.
Crimson Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #163 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

One thing that would have been nice and hopefully they did it. However since it's for rental. I would have like to have seen a double trigger option on it like on the SP1/G1.

Even if it isn't, who cares single is just as good Is it a slide trigger?

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #164 (permalink)
Phone winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
My money's on a rerelease of the '09 Impulse.
I smell a mech g1 on the way.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
El Super Beasto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #165 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
I smell a mech g1 on the way.
That would work for me. The only problem I have ever seen with the SP1/G1 VIBE/ENVY is the solenoid and that was it. I actually found the company that sells the solenoid, but wouldn't sell me any due to contract agreements with paintball companies (several of them).

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 10-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #166 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Let's see. I want a mech that is currently produced. That means both Mags and Autocockers are effectively out. I don't want to spend a fortune, so PPS is out. I want a compact, centerfeed, non-MILSIM gun, so Tippmann and most inline blowbacks are out. Same with Tiberius. I don't want a stacked tube blowback, so Spyders and all variations thereof are out.

What's left?

Yeah, Cockers and Mags are great. But they not readily available to most players and are legacy supported only. This has the potential to offer players a consistent gun at a great price. There is nothing wrong with that.

SP is no longer an evil empire. They are basically an insignificant force in paintball. They were destroyed. Say what you will about the people running GOG, but at least they are putting out a marker that, in my opinion, the market sorely needs. Which is why I have already put my money on the table for this.

But I'm just a fool.
No to mention, mags are still expensive and a good number of cockers were ruined by idiots putting electronic triggers on them and drilling the bodies. I would love to see it go back to mags and cockers on the field, but I can't tell you the last time I saw either on the field.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #167 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Let's see. I want a mech that is currently produced. That means both Mags and Autocockers are effectively out. I don't want to spend a fortune, so PPS is out. I want a compact, centerfeed, non-MILSIM gun, so Tippmann and most inline blowbacks are out. Same with Tiberius. I don't want a stacked tube blowback, so Spyders and all variations thereof are out.

What's left?

Yeah, Cockers and Mags are great. But they not readily available to most players and are legacy supported only. This has the potential to offer players a consistent gun at a great price. There is nothing wrong with that.

SP is no longer an evil empire. They are basically an insignificant force in paintball. They were destroyed. Say what you will about the people running GOG, but at least they are putting out a marker that, in my opinion, the market sorely needs. Which is why I have already put my money on the table for this.

But I'm just a fool.
*cough* Crossover *cough*

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:

What's left?

But I'm just a fool.
Mags are readily available. You can still get them new, the company still makes parts and they still have support. Just because they can't be purchased at ANSgear doesn't make them hard to get.
Carnage Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #169 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage Reigns View Post
Mags are readily available. You can still get them new, the company still makes parts and they still have support. Just because they can't be purchased at ANSgear doesn't make them hard to get.
Agreed. However, you're not going to find a new 'mag for less than $150. That's the appeal of this new marker. A simple mech at a fair price. The offerings that meet those demands have been few and far between aside from Spyder clones.

The fact that it can start off as a simple mech and be upgraded to a modern entry tourney level electro also shouldn't be sneezed at.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #170 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
*cough* Crossover *cough*
Fair enough. If they made it with a single trigger I'd bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage Reigns View Post
I wouldn't call pieced together in a basement from old stock "readily available". Are you even certain AGD makes anything new? Probably soft seals, but I don't think you can buy a Classic Automag anymore from them. You can get a ULE Mag, but that isn't exactly at the same price point we are talking about.

They still have (some) support, yes, but they are not widespread enough to adequately support the entry-level mechanical market. Your average paintballer is not going to run down parts and support from third parties and forums. I love Mags, but they aren't in the same scope as this.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News