mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #201 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
It's hard to notice anything in a deeply shaded low res image. But cool beans.

I've been trying to source a single trig frame for my mech ion, guess i can stop now.
Like Murf said! I posted all the images of the new gun.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #202 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Go back a page.
But the clicky arrow is way down there...

Yes, yes. Now i see. Welp, time to part out my Ion stash of parts. Hasn't seen any action in a year, anyway.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #203 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

hmm. the black and the silver one look nice. The red one reminds me too much of the tippmann gryphon or whatever that nailgun look alike was.

the trigger pull looks fairly short. Anybody know what the pull weight is? Truly a right feed option would be hard to resist.

overall I think i like it. I wonder how it feels in regards to quality or cheap jabb feel?
Can't wait to hear some efficiency numbers.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #204 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Updated the first post with the pics so people can find them easily enough (although by now I'm sure a simple Google image search will do).

Anyway, personally, I think it's a pretty snazzy lookin' gat, especially for $130. I can't wait!
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #205 (permalink)
Stock Class vs Agglets!!!

Sorry if this question was already answered (I looked through the whole thread and couldn't find a definite answer) but can it short stroke?
LibertyRadeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #206 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyRadeon View Post
Sorry if this question was already answered (I looked through the whole thread and couldn't find a definite answer) but can it short stroke?
Again, I have zero insider info that's worth anything. BUT, my mech Ion with Deathwish/Yoda's kit was darn near impossible to short stroke when set up properly. Since GOG is marketing these primarily as a rental alternative for fields, I would go as far to say that they've designed whatever trigger valve their using to be as user-friendly as possible so I doubt it will have issues with short-stroking.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #207 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

I'm spotting a two pins on the frame. Probably one to hold the trigger and the other to hold an actuator switch of some kind. Looking close the frame seems to have a removable trigger guard. Maybe you can add a double trigger if you want.

Seems to be like the SP1/G1 trigger guard I can only hope

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #208 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyRadeon View Post
Not with the single trigger.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #209 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Off the GOG face book description:

Keep your friends close, but your eNMEy closer.

GOG Paintball will be unveiling the all-new eNMEy paintball marker at the 2012 PSP Paintball World Cup. Featuring an integrated regulator and pneumatic spool valve combined with an entry-level price tag, the eNMEy is poised to deliver better performance to new players and improved reliability with reduced maintenance to field owners.

In 1995 paintball technology was redefined by the release of the Shocker electro-pneumatic paintgun. In 2005, the Ion re-defined the paintball marketplace by bringing the tournament level performance of an electro-pneumatic paintgun into the price range of the average paintball player. Now, the creative minds behind the Shocker and Ion are changing the face of paintball again with the eNMEy.

The benefits of a spool valve design have been well known to tournament paintball players for years. Now GOG PaintballTM is excited to build this technology into a paintball marker within the reach of a first-time player.

“From the beginning, we’ve focused on giving the player more value for their investment in the game,” says GOG’s Adam Gardner. “You really have to shoot the eNMEyTM to see why we’re so excited. The pneumatic trigger we’ve designed has a pull that is short, crisp and fast, so the marker shoots smooth as silk. This is a whole new level of performance for this price range. People just don’t expect a marker that isn’t electronic to shoot this well.”

Features of the new eNMEy include:
• True Pneumatic Design – No hammer, no sear, no metal-on-metal wear points - for field rental use, there are no batteries to worry about.
• Regulated Low Pressure Operation – A vertical regulator stabilizes gas pressure for consistent operation. Running at 160 psi nominal, the eNMEy is consistent and smooth with little to no recoil.
• CO2 Compatible – An integrated relief valve completely protects the valve components from pressure spikes associated with liquid CO2.
• Spool Valve Design – This tournament proven system delivers both speed and accuracy.
• Simple Maintenance – The eNMEy’s main valve and bolt can be removed, cleaned, inspected and reassembled in seconds.
• Low-Force Anti-Chop – The low force behind the eNMEy’s bolt allows it to bounce back from mis-fed paintballs, reducing the chance of a break in the breech.
• Composite/Aluminum Components – With a machined aluminum receiver under a protective polymer shell, the eNMEy is both lightweight and durable.
• Lifetime Warranty to original purchaser – Enough Said. We want you to be confident in your purchase. Some restrictions and exclusions apply. See warranty for details.
• Electropneumatic Upgrade Path – Not to be confused with “sear tripper” electronic grip frames for hammer-and-spring paintball markers, the optional eNMEy electronic trigger upgrade provides true electropneumatic operation for increased rates of fire, more firing modes and an even lighter trigger pull.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:56 AM   #210 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Yep. Slow start bolt. If the trigger is hard to short stroke, this will be a badass rental/first gun/loaner.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News