mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #301 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podskizee View Post
Any ideas on how to get this thing quieter than it actually is?
Carbon barrels (Deadlywind would be my recommendation since they give you Freak capability) are second to none when it comes to sound reduction in my experience.

Although the Lurker Eigenbarrel is also pretty darn quiet for a metal barrel. Nice porting on that one.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #302 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Carbon barrels (Deadlywind would be my recommendation since they give you Freak capability) are second to none when it comes to sound reduction in my experience.

Although the Lurker Eigenbarrel is also pretty darn quiet for a metal barrel. Nice porting on that one.
It's damn quiet as is. A top of the line raincover would prolly be your best bet.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
It's damn quiet as is. A top of the line raincover would prolly be your best bet.
What is a "raincover" Just custom foam insulation wrapped around the body?
Podskizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #304 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podskizee View Post
What is a "raincover" Just custom foam insulation wrapped around the body?
Silencer, pretty unnecessary unless you want something more milsimmy looking/quieter.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #305 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Just bought one from this guy ^^
I can't wait to get it in. I am excited to compare it to my ule mag, I love single trigger mechs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #306 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Got to use mine today, here's a game that didn't really need to have too much editing done, so I didn't do any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2AY9KJEOV0

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #307 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
What kind of hopper is that?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 AM   #308 (permalink)
Very Bork.

Im guessign its a vl eyeforce with just the bottom half and a home-made low capacity top?

Edit: Could also be 2 feedtrays from a halo combined for a small capacity hopper.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #309 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMdjbcMlc0

It's a great video BTW.

Produces this image, which tells us what to expect with the stock barrel:
Attached Images

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #310 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I WANT THIS OMG.
This is just perfect for the way I'm tryna get back into paintball.

Once I get rid of my ion and start playing again I'm buy this as my go to speed ball gun. I know everyone is thinking "Why get rid of electro ion for the mech version?" and it becomes down to the fact that I want to play a less paint intensive version of the sport. For rec ball I'm switching to a pump, i'm grabbing a stock class at some point for when others r using pumps as well.

And I was planning on using my Mag for speedball, and just once in awhile pulling out my PIMP when I needed to show the 16yr old ego shooters that unlike them I actually played paintball on a competitive level for awhile . But i don't anymore, and shooting 500 rounds in a game is A WASTE OF MONEY if there is nothing at stake. So I don't want to be using my PIMP w/ ramping all the time. And I don't wanna be using the ion either, with at stock settings bounces enough to get stupid fast.

This marker seems like the PERFECT combo for rec speed ball games. It's a pneumatic gun which increases performance in every possible way over the junk. Looks like the stock consistency before breaking in the reg is pretty solid, and I'm thinking over time it'll look better and better. The pure speed of high end electors make them hard to get as consistent as something like a mag, I think one could get this to shoot mag-like consistency.

Shoots Co2. For all us outlaw players, Co2 is often easier to fill then air. During the summer Co2 means more time playing in the woods without having to figure out how to refill. There are more retailers that deal in Co2 as well. I would use HPA for most things, but a hot summer outlaw games is great time to switch to Co2 and this marker allows it.

Fast for a mech single trigger - Watch the vid, np shooting lanes with that marker. Not the lanes that high end electos will be shooting, but itll get the job done. The marker is def. light like an ion, and one could use a smaller/slower hopper and smaller HPA tank. I think a front player in a rec game would have a great time climbing through the snake with a small set up of this marker. With good angles he won't need the speed of high end guns, he'll get the outs lol.

Basically I feel like we all are too competitive/show-offy during rec ball games. For those who compete spending 200 on paint in a day may be ok. But for those who this sport is just fun, we should think about WHY we always need to shoot faster. I see so many people here alone buying markers/setting them up like the pros, and most admit to just playing rec ball. I get it, the marker is sick and i'd buy it too. But how do you guys afford to feed the goddarn thing paint? I never figured that out once we lost our sponsorship.

It's a speedball mag, faster (then classic, perhaps not x or evalves), quieter, lighter, less reliable.
It's like the spyder to AGD tippman (classic mag)
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News