|Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
|10-10-2012, 09:30 PM||#31 (permalink)|
APG is no longer carried in the NEX where I live. Which means probably will be dropped from local PX as well. Oh well hasn't been exciting for 15 yrs.
Visit my Sponsor page:
"When all else fails, pull the pin and see what
Follow Team Blackrain on Face Book:
Best Auto cocker info ever
Just like to make crazy stuff for paintball? Click here
How Paintballs are made
|10-10-2012, 09:32 PM||#32 (permalink)|
MCB feedback (can provide more from other sites if needed)
My babies / Evil M Project
"About 70% of the earth's surface is covered by water. The remaining 30% is covered by Darrelle Revis"
|10-10-2012, 09:38 PM||#33 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarksburg, MD (might as well be DC)
As someone who has used a crossover for actual play, and has one in their hands right-this-instant (but I don't own it, it's on loan) I can honestly say that I'd take it over anything in the same price range day-in and day-out. Think of it this way. It took everything that the E-Mag was supposed to do and did it better, and for way less money.
Efficient (compared to many electros in the same $ range. It beats my mini hands down)
Fires analog or digital (batteries run out? No problemo! It still shoots!)
Tippmann durability and reliability
Rock solid valve system
A few bucks more than the competition
People look at you funny when you sling 13bps ramping at them with a Tippmann that isn't a sear tripper... oh wait... that's a pro in my book.
It really is a great marker, and as an electro player on a board with a bunch of guys who think 9v batteries only belong in ReVLutions or better yet, walkmans and transistor radios, I can tell you that the ability to flip a thumb-switch and go from battery operated to manual firing mode without missing a beat is fantastic. Even in manual mode, the pull is light, crisp, and fast. After a day of playing with it, I was ready to trade in my Mini.
I think the hurdle here is that people seem to be incredulous that Tippmann could make an actual electropneumatic marker that doesn't have a million camo-colored add ons. Trust me, I was skeptical right up to the point I started pulling the trigger at the chrono station. There's no tweaking, no need to mess around with the trigger. I frikken baby could pick it up and walk the trigger. It really is an impressive piece and I highly recommend playing around with one if you get the chance. I'm hoping to see more from Tippmann on this end of things.
Again, I don't own one, but have had it in my possession for the past month or so, and that time has seriously made me consider selling the Mini to fund one of my own.
|10-10-2012, 09:46 PM||#34 (permalink)|
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
I think it's less that anyone thinks poorly of the Crossover than of the obvious marketing ploy of a magazine naming this marker "marker of the year" when Tippmann probably pays them more in advertising than any other company.
|10-10-2012, 10:14 PM||#35 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Saugus MA
Moving at the speed of Dark....................
|10-10-2012, 10:23 PM||#36 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Silver Springs, Fl
|10-10-2012, 10:55 PM||#38 (permalink)|
Brother Mercenary Group
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Columbia, MO
Good for Tippmann. A great company with great service and great products. Now I don't have a deep knowledge for electros or automags or anything else this is compared to but I can't find any con in the Crossover. It works extremely well and I really like mine.
As for the price point on them, I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to keep Americans working. I'm sure they could outsource to cut prices as I'm sure every other marker in the same price range does (I don't know, I'm just assuming), but Tippmann didn't. However they earned Marker of the Year, no matter, they deserve it. Keep it up Tippmann!
|10-10-2012, 11:05 PM||#40 (permalink)|