mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Brother Mercenary Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
I am sure this has nothing to do with the Tippmann logo in your sig. At all.
We (our team) are not sponsored or receive anything from Tippmann or any of the other companies you see. I wish we did, it'd save us a ton! Reason those are they, cause it's what we use and are happy to support. Tippmann has some imported parts, sure, but these companies' products are made in the USA and carry excellent warranties with top notch quality. Ninja is another company in that category that we use.
toneg28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I own and have used the Tippmann Crossover. It is a great functioning marker mechanical or electronic with the flip of a switch. Can use Co2 or HPA... I have used co2 rapidly shooting it until it freezes and as soon as it warms up it is good to go some more. Uses common A-5 barrel threads. It is made in the U.S.A. not just assembled but made in the U.S.A. The body is Forged Aluminum, not cheap composite plastics. The body of the marker is actually forged by one of the 4 company's that make the military M16... then sent to Tippmann they mill it out right there at there shop.. (I have personally watched it happen!) All and all i feel it is a great marker that i would use any day!
Jebs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneg28 View Post
Good for Tippmann. A great company with great service and great products. Now I don't have a deep knowledge for electros or automags or anything else this is compared to but I can't find any con in the Crossover. It works extremely well and I really like mine.

As for the price point on them, I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to keep Americans working. I'm sure they could outsource to cut prices as I'm sure every other marker in the same price range does (I don't know, I'm just assuming), but Tippmann didn't. However they earned Marker of the Year, no matter, they deserve it. Keep it up Tippmann!
Are Tippmanns still made in the USA?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
not sure if they do. so your best bet is to Google it or let your finger do walking and give them a call.
Call whom?
I don't even know what libary he's talking about.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
I am sure this has nothing to do with the Tippmann logo in your sig. At all.
Way to call that kettle black, pot.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Hahahah, shots fired!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Call whom?
I don't even know what libary he's talking about.
thought you could find there number and give them call to ask if they have back issues.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #48 (permalink)
Brother Mercenary Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Are Tippmanns still made in the USA?
Yes they are. I've had everything between a Pro-Lite and a Crossover and all have been labeled as made in USA. I guess they import some parts now but I'm not sure.
toneg28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #49 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I've played with the Crossover and was thoroughly disappointed. I loved my Phenom, it was a great marker. The Crossover definitely had the potential to, but the biggest, most noticeable thing to me was the horrible trigger. It's impossible to walk it with any speed in mech mode. I think it's spring returned and the spring in it is way too stiff. The Etha is a crazy good gun at the same price point.
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallen702 View Post
As someone who has used a crossover for actual play, and has one in their hands right-this-instant (but I don't own it, it's on loan) I can honestly say that I'd take it over anything in the same price range day-in and day-out. Think of it this way. It took everything that the E-Mag was supposed to do and did it better, and for way less money.
By that logic, the Etha is just as much in the running. It has the dual stage bolt the Crossover doesn't:

Quote:
The Etha bolt features dual-stage acceleration so that it picks up the paintball at a lower speed before accelerating further to push the ball fully into the barrel. The front of the bolt has a ramped rubber section. This extended rubber piece is both removable and replaceable and designed to flex freely in order to prevent clipping of the second ball in the stack as well as to be flexible on the face to cushion the paintball as its pushed toward the barrel. Both of these features work hand-in-hand with the Deftek Feed System and Break Beam Sensor System to keep any occurrences of barrel breaks to an absolute minimum.
Planet Eclipse - Etha Paintball Marker

I'd take a Level X bolt over mechanical mode, personally. Tippmann puts a dual stage bolt in the Crossover and their mechanical mode gets a boatload more interesting.

The Crossover seems to be a great marker. I haven't used one personally so I'm just going by the specs and impressions. However, at that price range I'd be looking elsewhere.

Congrats either way to Tippmann on the award.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News