mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #1581 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
that's a really clean cut job on the pump handle, nice work!! I see ya bumped your grips up too
Thanks a lot.The grip is bumped way up. I took about just less that an 1/8" (guessing off the top of my head) off the top of the grips to make them even and parallel to the upper portion of the frame. My hand fits just fine, though. I guess they are on the smaller side.

I'd like to use up that real estate between the grips and the stock to mount a palm rest. Seems like it is begging for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Yes, you are in trouble. Your punishment is to hack my pump arm.
I don't know what this material is you guys used, but it cuts QUICKLY with a hack saw. You can clearly see the fibers in the compound when looking inside of the pump arm and grip frame; but it sands really smooth, no hairs.
I do not foresee a problem with its strength either. If someone breaks one of the arms off while pumping; they started their day on the wrong foot.

Last edited by danssoslow; 12-18-2012 at 12:10 AM.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #1582 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i wouldn't hack any stock parts that you can't replace, but i guess lou being here means we have reliable access to replacement parts purchases
If you were to see the poor Trracer I have, you would believe that the pump was done with restraint.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #1583 (permalink)
33 rounds per minute

CCM Fan
Thats badass danssoslow!!!

I Have FeedBack:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by ~spd3~; 12-18-2012 at 04:37 AM.
~spd3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #1584 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
I don't know what this material is you guys used, but it cuts QUICKLY with a hack saw. You can clearly see the fibers in the compound when looking inside of the pump arm and grip frame; but it sands really smooth, no hairs.
I do not foresee a problem with its strength either. If someone breaks one of the arms off while pumping; they started their day on the wrong foot.
That's it, you inspired me. I'm hacking mine first thing tomorrow. I can't wait for someone to build a new one.

Now I just need to convince nom to make me a speed wheel thingajigger.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #1585 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

yep I'm gonna end up doing the same, so I can grip front of the pump handle (snappier action style). Might shorten and re-thread the stock barrel too, I like the large diameter on it and good bore finish, but I want to aim for a fairly short setup (no more than 8 inches unported control bore, attachment after that).
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #1586 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Is that a radiused weaver rail on the pump? The angled grip looks perfect for this gun.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #1587 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalpaintball View Post
2 of my teammates also shot theirs, but one thing they complained about was when they got nervous and began shooting fast(auto-triggering) they had a blast of air when they slammed the pump back.
while I was cleaning mine I realized the hammer connects to the blot long before the pump arm screws reach the back of the slot.
it looks as if the part of the powertube that the hammer hits could easily be an 1/8 of an inch towards the threads and still open the valve fully, but allow the pump stroke to collect the hammer with out slamming the valve open on the back stroke.
maybe you can shim the pump guide rod
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #1588 (permalink)
Citrus Connection

Yesterday I played with my Hammer 7 for the first time in a field setting and it worked great for half the night. For the latter half, all the marker could do was "huff" and barely get the paintballs to roll out the barrel. I am using it bone stock without any modifications and right out of the box. Any ideas on what I should be looking at as the culprit?
P4NMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #1589 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Is that a radiused weaver rail on the pump? The angled grip looks perfect for this gun.
Yes it is. It was something I had in the garage. If I'm not mistaken, it is a Weaver (not picatinny) intended for a Ruger 10-22 that I picked up at Dick's a while back. I had to butcher a groove in the damn thing to get the AFG to sit flush. I'll start a thread in the Kingman forum with some more pics here soon.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #1590 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4NMAN View Post
Yesterday I played with my Hammer 7 for the first time in a field setting and it worked great for half the night. For the latter half, all the marker could do was "huff" and barely get the paintballs to roll out the barrel. I am using it bone stock without any modifications and right out of the box. Any ideas on what I should be looking at as the culprit?
I'll talk to the techs about this and let you know. They don't get in for another two hours.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News