mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #1661 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
BigOldSkool has internal pics in his review thread (reviews section).

The threaded part can come out. There's a lug screw that holds it in place. Lets you rotate the barrel to switch from hopper to magazine. There is no definite word that a cocker-threaded version is gonna be released.
okay great, i did find the picture, i thought i heard or read it someplace they were going to make cocker threads for it. If not i am sure someone can make one!

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #1662 (permalink)
Banned

yep it's a simple part to be made on CNC (or even manually if necessary)

how much would you guys pay for em?
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #1663 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
yep it's a simple part to be made on CNC (or even manually if necessary)

how much would you guys pay for em?
if you're going to make one, you should design it so it can only turn one way, to protect the detents.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #1664 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'd be willing to pay probably up to about $40 for a Cocker adapter for it. Obviously cheaper is better but if it was any more than $40 or so, it would feel like far too expensive of an upgrade considering the base price of the marker itself.

Grey Ghost #308, SC Brassterling, Super Stocker, Predator SM-1, Hammer7
Classic/Pump Mag, VM-68
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8 LE Canary, Hybrid NXT, E-Tac

(MCB) Feedback
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #1665 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
if you're going to make one, you should design it so it can only turn one way, to protect the detents.
To take it a step further, if you were able to make it somehow positively stop in position; so it would not only turn one direction, but stop when it became aligned.

If the knob idea takes off, or a spring loaded pin comes to be, the shooter could turn the barrel quickly into position without the added time of making sure it is aligned or taking their eyes off of the opposition.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #1666 (permalink)
Banned

dan, that would require adding some kind of spring-loaded detent or something... not practical considering the design of the part. having it go only one way of course is simple and an easy way of avoiding detent damage. 40 bucks is what I was thinking would be a minimum decent price to make em... I'll consider it but I've got other stuff to work on (and pay for production) first.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #1667 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Pm me or email me at lmartin@kingman.com. I will have someone help you out. We will cover little mistakes like that once, there is a arrow on the breech telling you which way to turn. You would have known that if you read the instructions/owners manual.
while i agree with you, and as much good as this gun is for existing, it's still a beginner gun and should be designed as idiot-proof as possible. your manual writer did a good job but i can't say your designer didn't drop the ball here, even though making something this awesome is worth a big pat on the back.

i have not looked at the detent. would something like this sleeved onto a detent help make sure the breech doesn't turn wrong? then just slot the bolt.

Last edited by heinous; 12-22-2012 at 09:34 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #1668 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I think the best modification to save detents is to groove the bolt all the way around. I think it wasn't done from the start because the flat on the bottom for mag rounds but I don't think it will hurt anything. Once we can get spare parts i'm gonna try it out.

Played a few games with my hammer today. I found it hard to aim with the back bottle asa gonna try to get a bottomline for it . Also I have a 14" trinity barrel that is rifled with a .687" bore wasn't much difference between normal paint and FSR on the chrono
nomnomnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #1669 (permalink)
Spyder

I have a spare bolt for the first person to PM me. I'll cram it in a yellow envelope for you.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #1670 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
I have a spare bolt for the first person to PM me. I'll cram it in a yellow envelope for you.
Bolt is gone.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News