mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #2141 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

I'm not impressed with this marker at all.
It's a great idea for the money. But lacks the solid feel of a pump and feels more like a stingray. Shoots like a spring loaded BB gun.
Until someone makes a lower receiver and pump handle out of aluminum,seems like a lot of extra personal touches and work for a sub par FSR marker.
Hopefully it won't be long before some real nice add on's are made just for ME to be satisfied with it.

The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #2142 (permalink)
Post Whore

It seems there are some things that will never push a person's views past their initial perceptions. With plenty of other pumps on the marker, this one might not be a fit for you.

If FSR is your thing, it appears that there are a couple people looking to make the Empire Trracer FSR mag-fed; but the ET uses similar composite parts.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #2143 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The $aint View Post
I'm not impressed with this marker at all.
It's a great idea for the money. But lacks the solid feel of a pump and feels more like a stingray. Shoots like a spring loaded BB gun.
Until someone makes a lower receiver and pump handle out of aluminum,seems like a lot of extra personal touches and work for a sub par FSR marker.
Hopefully it won't be long before some real nice add on's are made just for ME to be satisfied with it.
How much would you pay?
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #2144 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by super trowel View Post
Nice clip
thanks to you for the idea
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #2145 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
I can say on good grounds that first strike rounds are all. 687.
I tested the box I had, and had a pile of 689, and a pile of 687 and a pile that fell thru 687. consistent they are not.

Quote:
But lacks the solid feel of a pump and feels more like a stingray. Shoots like a spring loaded BB gun.
I disagree, I think its a very solid platform. with a little tweaking its very smooth and it shoots like a beast. but as its been stated, maybe its just not the gun for you.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #2146 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

Oh it's not the gun for me that's for sure. But I know a few how are disappointed.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #2147 (permalink)
Post Whore

Disappointed for 130 invested? Ok I hate to down other products but here's what you could have gotten. The T9 which has inherent internal reg issues. He ccm which is a work of art but only gets one shot at a time and has no tank in stock options so your stuck with remote or carts. The t4.....yeah.....the sar12 which is my favorite pic but who wants to pay 1k bux for? The DAM which dye in my opinion is totally out if touch both on the price and on what constitutes a practical scenario marker. Sooooo which would you prefer. Btw all of these are considerably more expensive than the hammer. This is excluding and DIY mods or fs breech compatible markers where it's just a squared hole like the trracer. I think maybe your expecting to much for 130 dollars
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #2148 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Disappointed for 130 invested? Ok I hate to down other products but here's what you could have gotten. The T9 which has inherent internal reg issues. He ccm which is a work of art but only gets one shot at a time and has no tank in stock options so your stuck with remote or carts. The t4.....yeah.....the sar12 which is my favorite pic but who wants to pay 1k bux for? The DAM which dye in my opinion is totally out if touch both on the price and on what constitutes a practical scenario marker. Sooooo which would you prefer. Btw all of these are considerably more expensive than the hammer. This is excluding and DIY mods or fs breech compatible markers where it's just a squared hole like the trracer. I think maybe your expecting to much for 130 dollars
He has the CCM.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #2149 (permalink)
Post Whore

Oh
Than what the hell
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #2150 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

I do have A sr-1 And 86 other markers.
Just I'm sure you guys rather pay a little more for a SOLID feeling marker.
I think it's great that you can. Get your foot in on the mag/fsr game for under 2 bills.
The point is not everyone has the tools and ability to modify markers.
And until someone makes some after market upgrades. Ill pass.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News