mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #2311 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
Please share!
Check out the kingman thread I am making them.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #2312 (permalink)
Radical!

Finally got to use mine, all day long. Pump arm felt kinda far away, but i think the tank setup is just too long. May need a rail/asa combo instead of a direct mount, scoot the tank forward a bit. Briefly considered shortening the pump handle, but i wasn't gripping near the front of it, so that wouldn't help. I think i just need to get Stretch Armstrong arms.

Didn't notice any farting or velocity issues - field limit was 275, and i was shooting around 270. Another mcb member, The Inflicted, asked to shoot it, tried to auto-trigger it, and that didn't work out well for him, lol.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #2313 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Finally got to use mine, all day long. Pump arm felt kinda far away, but i think the tank setup is just too long. May need a rail/asa combo instead of a direct mount, scoot the tank forward a bit. Briefly considered shortening the pump handle, but i wasn't gripping near the front of it, so that wouldn't help. I think i just need to get Stretch Armstrong arms.

Didn't notice any farting or velocity issues - field limit was 275, and i was shooting around 270. Another mcb member, The Inflicted, asked to shoot it, tried to auto-trigger it, and that didn't work out well for him, lol.
Thanks again for letting me test drive the gun, nerdcore.

Yeah, the autotrigger produced some really strange results. It was as if each pump stroke was firing a burst of 2-3 balls. The gun wasn't giving any rollouts when normally pumped, so my theory is that when I was autotriggering, the force of the rearward stroke was somehow enough to pop the valve open when the bolt was back, and an extra ball or two was blown forward down the barrel, either all the way or just forward of the detents so that when the bolt was closed both balls would fire together. I wish I had kept messing with it to see if all of the "burst" was traveling at the same speed. I was kind of shocked when it happened, and it not being my gun I didn't try to replicate it, but it's the first time I've seen a Nelson do something like that.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #2314 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Well, I guess if you get the stereotypical "is that a shotgun?" question you can do your best evil cackle and say "yes, yes it is"

seriously though, I'm kinda glad I couldn't get one of these right off the bat. I don't even feel guilty about taking the easy way and letting other people sort this stuff first.

Still on my want list for sure, I'm just going to give it a bit.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #2315 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Probably needs a stiffer valve spring Mabye?
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #2316 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

I have a agd six pack body for sale if any of you are interested.

The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #2317 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Is it working?
AM0 xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #2318 (permalink)
Rec Poster

silly question but what the heck is a six pack?
nomnomnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #2319 (permalink)

Not a silly question at all really. They're extremely rare. It's basically a magazine based 12 gram changer. They were so effective that the rules against CA tanks seemed pointless. Ban was lifted and people swapped to tanks. With 12grams taking a back seat there was no demand for the six packs anymore. Only a few hundred got made. For stock players they're kinda like the holy grail. They get CA power while still claiming to be 12 gram elite...
Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #2320 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgral18 View Post
This is a six pack.

made a sale and freed up some funds for buying a hammer7. Should I wait until all the bugs are worked out (are they?) or buy one now? Is the valve compatible with a phantoms? How is efficiency? I always use my 3.5oz on my phantom, would it do fine for this (around 200 shots)?
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News