mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #261 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
No, the operation for switching to mag and center feed is not as easy as the mrx. There is a set screw that holds the sleeve used for switching modes. I hope that makes sense.
I'm actually glad this is the case. Sounds much simpler.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #262 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
Great to hear some constructive info straight from the source! Im sure I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate being able to hear directly from you guys, and its awesome to know that someone is listening in terms of design.
Well I'm just really glad everyone likes what we are doing.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #263 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I'm actually glad this is the case. Sounds much simpler.
Agreed, thanks for the reply!
FS: Clean Pre98 RF Sniper ($115 Shipped)
Feedback
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #264 (permalink)
Post Whore

Awesome thank you so very much. Well hey guess what I'm saying sold. I'm guessing what lou had said abou map lpricing and msrp pricing means that the pricing from ultimate is accurate. Which is good that means I will probably pre order from then. I'm going to get 4 extra mags to go with and I think I'll get the olive and put olive Hogue grips on it
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #265 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm hoping it means a standard barrel threading, we could dream cocker, but as long as it's spyder thread I can manage. Curious about the double detent system working with a threaded barrel though, a no roll out detent makes me cautious. Who knows, maybe we will get an awesome stock barrel.

Very excited about the bottom-line, pricing, and mags! Polymer doesn't bother me as long as it's durable! Hoping the bottomline threads don't strip
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #266 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
Hoping the bottomline threads don't strip
agreed, I'm a tad worried about that myself. I remember realizing that the m16 style grip on my f4 illustrator threaded into plastic; it held up for quite a few years, but once I started taking the marker apart to clean it the threads went fast. I for one don't plan on using anything bigger than a 3.5 or a 13ci on it so that should minimize the danger of it stripping. Of course we are assuming here that they won't be using threaded metal inserts here, which is quite the assumption to be making.

On another note, Lou, what are the measurements on the mags? I need to start shopping for appropriately sized Molle mag pouches. Also, is there some sort of retention system that would allow users to carry the mags upside down?

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #267 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Awesome updates with the information you gave us Lou, thank you. Two questions. For the threads on the bottom line, are they sleeved with a metal insert or is the threading directly in the polymer grip? Since you said the bottom line will require Spyder bolts, can you tell us what the threads are on those bolts? If not, fair enough I'll figure them out after I get myself one.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #268 (permalink)
Post Whore

Good question wrongbloke I'm interested as well I know WTF has mrx pouches in suppose that's a good start?
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #269 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
I'm hoping it means a standard barrel threading, we could dream cocker, but as long as it's spyder thread I can manage. Curious about the double detent system working with a threaded barrel though, a no roll out detent makes me cautious. Who knows, maybe we will get an awesome stock barrel.

Very excited about the bottom-line, pricing, and mags! Polymer doesn't bother me as long as it's durable! Hoping the bottomline threads don't strip
The detents are in the sleeve, so no worries on the barrel working with the detents.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #270 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Hello,

My name is Lou and I'm a rep from Kingman. You guys have a lot to say and just so you know we are listening.

Our first prototype was not drilled for a bottom line, but we were able to get that added and it now will ship drilled for a bottom line.

Lou
Sweet! Having that option will make it all the more tasty!
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News