mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #431 (permalink)
Oooo....

Hey all, new here. Had to chime in on this thread to share in my excitement for this new marker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Hammer7
Tiberius FSR2
4x32
13/3k
This is exactly my plan for this as well! I'm thinking this is gonna be (oddly enough) my secondary marker and my dedicated FS platform. I say oddly since my primary is a T8.1.

I wouldn't be surprised though if I end up putting a small hopper on this thing to switch up my play style a bit. We'll see.
Celebrity Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #432 (permalink)

Looks like the valve takes common Spyder cupseals. That's a big plus.

I used to be insistent on autococker barrels for all of my guns, but if this thing's dual detents work as intended barrel choice won't be a big issue.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #433 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

and... spyder threaded barrels are extremely common and easy to pick up nice ones for pennies (since they aren't as widely desirable as AC threaded).
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #434 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Yeah... I'd just be Freaking whatever goes on there anyhow so the more abundant the barrel the better!

Stinks that I won't be able to use the Freak back from my Hammer (1? OG Hammer?) due to diameter but so it goes.
FS: Clean Pre98 RF Sniper ($115 Shipped)
Feedback
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #435 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Hey, Lou...another suggestion for a possible accessory/aftermarket part:

We need a stockclass feed for this thing. Okay, so maybe it's less "we" and more "I", but still...

I love mags for FSR, but not for regular paint. But hoppers suck. It's obviously not going to be hard to make one to fit on the CF hopper neck, but a very low profile one that fits right on in it's place and fits flush to the top of the body would be awesome.

Even just a swappable cram 'n jam that bolts on and takes 10-round tubes directly would be awesome.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #436 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Hey, Lou...another suggestion for a possible accessory/aftermarket part:

We need a stockclass feed for this thing. Okay, so maybe it's less "we" and more "I", but still...

I love mags for FSR, but not for regular paint. But hoppers suck. It's obviously not going to be hard to make one to fit on the CF hopper neck, but a very low profile one that fits right on in it's place and fits flush to the top of the body would be awesome.

Even just a swappable cram 'n jam that bolts on and takes 10-round tubes directly would be awesome.
Already ahead of you, picked up a old Ariakon 10 round feed because it looked like it would fit on our rail. It wasn't picatinny style, but it gives us a place to start. I'm going to prototype it and get a cost and figure out if i can make it affordable.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #437 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I want this guy's job.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #438 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Don't know if everyone caught it, but alpha mentioned already that Spyder threaded breaches can be easily retreaded for AC threads. An aftermarket $15 AC breach would totally sell, but until then we have options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Deep View Post
Anybody got any ideas on how to run a picatinny rail further down the gun to use flip-up sights and such?
Probably a barrel clamping bipod or flashlight mount, but on top instead of below.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #439 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Already ahead of you, picked up a old Ariakon 10 round feed because it looked like it would fit on our rail. It wasn't picatinny style, but it gives us a place to start. I'm going to prototype it and get a cost and figure out if i can make it affordable.
Sc/spring fed suggestion:
If it's doable, leave enough room behind the reg paint feed for red dot or adjustable riser.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #440 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Please not springfeed, though. True rock-and-cock.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News