mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #451 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja
 
Murf425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brandon, FL

I missed that somewhere along the 45-pages. Time to get to clicking, I guess.
__________________
My Feedback Thread

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #452 (permalink)
One Pump Chump
 
cirkle68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Poconos

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
Next time I have some spare time I will edit initial post and add all new pictures and posts by lou. Looking at friday...
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #453 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
danssoslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Also, the barrel OD is 7/8 so I think a Freak back will probably be too tight to pump.
The pump appears to be under barrel in the pics.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #454 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck
 
russc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

That's actually a really nifty design feature...it's basically got factory undercocking while still having dual arms. I can't think of any other nelsons with that besides the SP Boss.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #455 (permalink)
Slowly making progress
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vail, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
That's actually a really nifty design feature...it's basically got factory undercocking while still having dual arms. I can't think of any other nelsons with that besides the SP Boss.
I'm wondering what the area that the pump handle slides on is also doing. In the PDF, it looks like there is a return spring in there.


I'm a little mad at myself for not going to the vendor area at Decay of Nations on Sat. and Sun. We looked at stuff Friday night, but it was away from the game area and if I had walked back over there I could have toyed around with this thing.
__________________

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #456 (permalink)
Spyder
 
lmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I'm wondering what the area that the pump handle slides on is also doing. In the PDF, it looks like there is a return spring in there.


I'm a little mad at myself for not going to the vendor area at Decay of Nations on Sat. and Sun. We looked at stuff Friday night, but it was away from the game area and if I had walked back over there I could have toyed around with this thing.
there is a spring in there to assist the return, keep in mind this spring is not intended to do the job of returning on its own. it is "Spring Assisted Return".

I hope you guys can appreciate that.

I've already spoken to alot of people who are upset with themselves for not going to our booth.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #457 (permalink)
Slowly making progress
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vail, AZ

People were in the process of setting up when we showed up to do the Friday night sign in. The game was on the other side of the park, so that is where we parked the car during game time and went back to where we were staying after the game ended for the day. Oh well, I'll have one soon enough.
__________________

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #458 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck
 
russc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
there is a spring in there to assist the return, .
NICE!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #459 (permalink)
Bland
 
RAZRBAKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada

God damn I want one of these...
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #460 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy
 
dundadun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Or put a small rail on top of the breech like the dovetail on a Phantom feed.
Was trying to avoid that idea. A red dot straight to the top of a rail, that is on top of a spring feed or sc feed is fine. But if you added an adjustable riser and then the red dot/scope, it's going to be really tall. And if we don't need that height for mask clearance it would be nice to avoid that if possible.

But again that is only if there is room behind a horizontal feed.

So far the best option to make use of fs rounds from 40-80 yards are the adjustable risers or a +$250 crossbow scope with adjustable projectile speed settings.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC