mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #621 (permalink)
MCB Member

I thought it already had an anti-rollout detent? Perhaps it's something else I'm thinking of but I thought this had it. Something like what the Ghost has is what I was picturing. Either way, a sizer/insert like that would be great, but not as necessary if it does have an anti-rollout detent.

Classic Mag, Grey Ghost #308, SC Brassterling, Super Stocker, VM-68
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8 LE Canary, Hybrid NXT, E-Tac

(MCB) Feedback
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #622 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Im pretty sure the "adapter" is a whole replacement breach, to replace the spyder threaded one that turns/swivels for hopper or mag fed. It's not like lapco's "spyder threads to cocker threads adapter", it's more like lapco's replacement A5 breach with cocker threads.

Or you can get the original breach re threaded.
Using the lapco spyder to cocker will provide too large a bore if you are using underboring after the adapter.
I could've sworn Lou had posted a picture of an adapter. Maybe I'm going nuts. Either way, a cocker threaded sleeve threading into the breach is the same thing LAPCO has done, just differently. They way it's been talked about it's not a new breech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
My issue with the Lapco adapter is that you are essentially trying to do with it what a Freak is used for. There is no point to go from a .689 breach (assumed, but common from what I've measured) to a .685 AC<->Spyder adapter to a .679 insert if you wanted a .679 the whole time. Granted, I don't know what the size options are for the Lapco piece these days, but I don't want one in between my bolt and by barrel for simplicity's sake.
Agreed. It's not elegant, but oh hell... Nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I think in my opinion and in my experience you basically never want to use an adapter.
Agreed, though having used one ('cocker to A5, Phenom) I have no doubt most people that complain about them the loudest have no real experience with them instead relying on what they "think" to be true. They work quite well. Mine was used in combo with a Gen 1 .678 Eigenbarrel. It worked fantastically except when using the most brittle paint, that often wouldn't survive the cyclone anyways.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #623 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I could've sworn Lou had posted a picture of an adapter. Maybe I'm going nuts. Either way, a cocker threaded sleeve threading into the breach is the same thing LAPCO has done, just differently. They way it's been talked about it's not a new breech.
Lou can jump in here, but I believe he was saying you'd replace the stock (Spyder-threaded) breach with a new Cocker-threaded one, wholesale.
FS: Clean Pre98 RF Sniper ($115 Shipped)
Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #624 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
I just want to make a comment...

1) "Barrel adapters" are total trash. Total epic trash.

2) I can rethread the spyder breaches without issue

3) If spyder fails to offer an autococker breach, I will make one. This could be hugely advantageous to Kingman... Aftermarket parts go a long way toward making something stick on the market... See Autococker, Ion, 98/A5, etc.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #625 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

Agreed. It's not elegant, but oh hell... Nevermind.

Agreed, though having used one ('cocker to A5, Phenom) I have no doubt most people that complain about them the loudest have no real experience with them instead relying on what they "think" to be true. They work quite well. Mine was used in combo with a Gen 1 .678 Eigenbarrel. It worked fantastically except when using the most brittle paint, that often wouldn't survive the cyclone anyways.
I'll take pictures of the breech sleeve along with detent placement tomorrow. I also need to get measurements of the whole gun tomorrow as well. Forgot who asked for it, on page 60 I think? It's getting harder and harder to keep track of all this stuff.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #626 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I can only do so much from my phone, the Internet and other fun communication services are down in my area. The reps that I chatted with at Cup said that there will be a cocker threaded insert/sleeve/whatevertheycallit. The system is very similar to the cocker barrel adapters for automags. The barrel threads into a sleeve and that sleeve is locked down with the screw/speed wheel.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #627 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
I'll take pictures of the breech sleeve along with detent placement tomorrow. I also need to get measurements of the whole gun tomorrow as well. Forgot who asked for it, on page 60 I think? It's getting harder and harder to keep track of all this stuff.
Need an assistant Lou?
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #628 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
on page 60
There's only 16 pages for me. It's pretty handy that way. On your user control panel, set the posts per page to max.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #629 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Need an assistant Lou?
Sure could use one.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #630 (permalink)
Bland

senghing27 posted this one which shows the breech-sleeve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r6LcufJZT8
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News