mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #801 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Lane View Post
Good Point!!!

I would personally love to see some 5 round mags, for people who intend on using the hammer 7 as a secondary marker for making longer range shots. The 9 round mag is a bit on the long side.
Actually, I would love this too.
dundadun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #802 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbo View Post
Lmartin:

I haven't read through all the pages, but I did do a quick thread search and didn't find anything.

would a phantom bobbed ASA fit since this is a standard nelson? Or does the Hammer 7 use proprietary parts? Also, is there a way to get some straight on side view photos instead of the slightly isometric ones?

thanks!
I don't have a phantom to try it, send me yours and ill let you know.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #803 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Lane View Post
Good Point!!!

I would personally love to see some 5 round mags, for people who intend on using the hammer 7 as a secondary marker for making longer range shots. The 9 round mag is a bit on the long side.
I'd take 5 or 6 rounders as well just for compactness and intend tto useit as a main
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #804 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Time to practice the ancient art of chopping... Usually applied to wood, but cars and magazines can be added to the list.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #805 (permalink)
Spyder

Name:  shortmag.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  271.2 KB

something like this?
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #806 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Pretty much, yeah.

I vote that the next generation of mags are 5 and 10 rounds. That way either one or two can be filled from a 10 round tube.

Until then, I can live with 9.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #807 (permalink)
Banned

i met lmartin friday and shot the hammer 7 prototype.

it's a cool gun alright, and it's even cooler if you are left handed.

(sorry lou, they weren't there, but i did pass the catalog around the bonfire...)
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #808 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i met lmartin friday and shot the hammer 7 prototype.

it's a cool gun alright, and it's even cooler if you are left handed.
Please explain.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #809 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Please explain.
basically the whole time i was nerding out and annoying lou with crazy ideas.

as for the gun, i don't know what he wants me to tell you (so stop me if you want lmartin) but for starters you can autotrigger first strikes, which isn't very practical because any kind of pump stroke would skew your aim at the far distances where you normally would want first strikes, but damn it if it wasn't an empowering feeling! i'd do that just to feel awesome.

and yeah, first strikes shot straight. lmartin let me shoot regular and first strike paints back to back, shots that you normally arc 30 degrees with regular paint would require very little or no arcing with first strikes. first strikes also seem to be less affected by wind, but wind itself wasn't consistent. still, i don't remember a single first strike round curving that day. they simply go where you aim them.

the gun did have some kinks, but i don't want to talk about those because it was a prototype (apparently the 6th one according to serials) and because i was given a newer version to try as well, that didn't have those problems.

the spring in the mag is a little stiff. coupled with the tiny knob for reloading, i had to catch it with my fingernails to pull it down. not sure how it would be with gloves: i did not try it. that's a small deal though, springs are easy enough to change. as it was, i would not reload individual clips on the field.

the polymer outer parts are super tough, they simply refuse to bend in any direction

the best part is the mag release. there's a button on the right side intended for right handed people to reach with their right index fingers while gripping and pulling out the mag with their left hand. as a southpaw, i just kept my left hand on the grip the whole time, reached the mag with my right hand, pressed that button with my right thumb on that same hand and out it slides. i have arguably a firmer grip on the gun during the process than a right hander would, and the motion just feels super macho.

gun's got a removable breech, which the barrel screws into. you guys already know about the picatinny top rail, bottom line grip holes, removable barrel brake, etc. this thing has many places for aftermarket parts. i feel it would be a waste for any owner to simply buy it and keep it stock, the gun's just asking to be modified.

lou's been working on ways to improve the gun even further. he's already got a few ideas of his own.

edit: oh yeah, the under barrel pumping is a huge plus for me. feels a lot more natural than other nelsons with pumps over the barrel, but maybe that's personal preference.

Last edited by heinous; 11-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #810 (permalink)

I WANT ONE SOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!
i can only find one shop n the uk that will be stocking them.
but they are not replying to my emails

super trowel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News