mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #811 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by super trowel View Post
I WANT ONE SOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!
i can only find one shop n the uk that will be stocking them.
but they are not replying to my emails
Manic Paintball is getting some. But it does takes a little longer for stuff to make it to your neck of the woods. hope you can be patient.
Manic Paintball
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #812 (permalink)
Spyder

Heinous, feel free to discuss anything that happened during your visit.

I wasn't annoyed, I just had some people holding calls for me that i needed catch. glad you enjoyed visit, you should have taken me up on the offer to shoot the EMR5 on full auto with first strikes. now that is cool, a waste of money but still cool.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #813 (permalink)

Does anyone know of a bipod that would work for this gun? I feel it would be a necessary attachment for a gun like like this.
Podskizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #814 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

bipod? maybe you're talking about the carmatech or SR-1...

oh yea, good to hear there are some handling perks for us extra dextrous southpaw shooters, very nice
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #815 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Heinous, feel free to discuss anything that happened during your visit.

I wasn't annoyed, I just had some people holding calls for me that i needed catch. glad you enjoyed visit, you should have taken me up on the offer to shoot the EMR5 on full auto with first strikes. now that is cool, a waste of money but still cool.
lol ok.

yeah i wish i could stay too, but i made it to the campground just before dark. had i stayed longer i would have to set up my tent in pitch black.

but yeah, the pump stroke is a little stiff, but it's also a new gun not broken in yet. other than that they got plans to try selling the panel grips in the picture lmartin posted, as well as some other aftermarket parts that you guys already asked about.

also, i just realized after leaving, how cool it would be to have a picatinny 10 round horizontal spring feed on the top, with its own picatinny rail on its top side to retain compatibility for sights and other add ons. hell you can make it 20+ rounds so that it'll extend over the barrel and look like a really mean shotgun!

but i like the gun the way it is too. i was never a fan for side tube feeds.

lou said he wants to include a velocity adjuster, which is great news for me, i got 5+ nelsons and still don't have one of those adjusters. i've just been swapping springs this whole time...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #816 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podskizee View Post
Does anyone know of a bipod that would work for this gun? I feel it would be a necessary attachment for a gun like like this.
bipod? probably something barrel mounted like this

but then you can't change feeding mechanism without flipping the bipod upside down. but yeah, i know what you're thinking, bolt action rifle right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
bipod? maybe you're talking about the carmatech or SR-1...

oh yea, good to hear there are some handling perks for us extra dextrous southpaw shooters, very nice
extra dextrous, i like that, i think i'll start using that term. but yeah, the left handed changing method feels way more intuitive even though it was designed for right handers.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #817 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
If a spring or stock class feed went forward and allowed for some of the rear rail thats already on the gun to be used, it would be great for an adjustable riser.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #818 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nice little review heinous; thanks! Now with Imartin's permission, care to share the other insights?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #819 (permalink)
Banned

well, all i have left to share are mostly just prototype problems, and i didn't think that would be fair to the final product.

one gun has a damaged detent and the pumping action seized when the early prototype mag got in its way. but the other newer gun worked fine, so they must have already got a fix.

it's gonna come with the same grooved wraparound grips that came with my old tl-x that i really hated, but they are standard 45 grips so you can just slap on a pair of your favorites. not to mention i already said lou's got a pair he wants to test the market with.

he also wants to look into rounding out some corners on the polymer frame for better ergonomics. he also wants to see what can be done with a smaller pump handle to save weight.

construction was very tight and solid. nothing wiggled.

to change feeding method you just unscrew the screw that keeps the breech in place and then twist the breech 180. i can see it being very easy to engineer a quicker method since it's all on a picatinny rail.

i remember asking lou what he thought about making something similar to the azodin pump, and he said a universal pump kit would be a lot of work, given the small differences between the spyders, so they opted to just make a plain another pump gun. i think they made a very good choice with this decision.

i think a winning note is that the rail is metal. i don't know what it is, but i just find plastic rails to look really really cheap no matter how tough it is. the picatinny on this gun is part of the body, which is metal, which is good.

that's about it. i have a very good feeling with this pump gun. my favorite color is still black though.

oh yeah, i got a catalog from lou, the 2 accessories that really caught my eye was a sopmod stock for their blowbacks (you know, their OTHER gun that shoots first strikes) and they are also coming up with picatinny front and rear flip up sights, it says they are adjustable for windage and elevation and has 2 apertures.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #820 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thank you much. Having it in your hands; how hard would it be to add a picatinny rail to the pump handle and adding an AFG (plenty of meat in the pump to tap a 10-24, space below the barrel to install a helicoil, something of that nature)? Would putting one on the pump make pumping uncomfortable due to it being too low?

Thanks again!!!
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News