mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #131 (permalink)
MCB Member

The MRX is not FSC even if you bought the Etrigger frame.

If you want a mech semi from spyder that is FSC just buy the MR5 not the E-MR5. the differences between the MRx and 5 are not just in the frame. The bolt, Barrel and milled chambers are also different I believe.

Or maybe I am not understanding your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
The MRX is not FSC even if you bought the Etrigger frame.

If you want a mech semi from spyder that is FSC just buy the MR5 not the E-MR5. the differences between the MRx and 5 are not just in the frame. The bolt, Barrel and milled chambers are also different I believe.

Or maybe I am not understanding your question
I definitely didn't write the question as clear as it should be, it required details lol.

From what I've read online, The Spyder Advance E Trigger Frame (which is compatible with the MR5 and MRX) along with the G2 Venturi Bolt and the FS Battle Barrels would turn the MRX First Strike Capable.

I have an MRX already, I like it but instead of buying a whole new gun, I would like to upgrade.

The Mechanical MR5 is FSC, and since the E-Trigger fits both the MRX and MR5 would swapping the framed work and if so is Spyder making the Mechanical MR5 trigger available.

Picture of Spyder Advance E Trigger Frame:

brainvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #133 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Do you want your FS shooter to be electro or mech? That would dictate what I would suggest you do. It seems like you are going through a lot of effort to do something that just buying the proper base marker would get you.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Do you want your FS shooter to be electro or mech? That would dictate what I would suggest you do. It seems like you are going through a lot of effort to do something that just buying the proper base marker would get you.
I would rather keep my MRX mechanical, that is why I am wondering if the frame from the MR5 would fit and if Spyder is going to be selling it or if anyone knows where to get one.

I have yet to see the MR5 Mechanical Frame for sale.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #135 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Just looked at my MR5 because I couldn't remember, the metal body is what has the D-hole to take FS, so you wouldn't be able to feed them without modifying the body on top of getting the barrel. I'd just look for an MR5, or an E-MR5.

Quote:
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 07-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Just looked at my MR5 because I couldn't remember, the metal body is what has the D-hole to take FS, so you wouldn't be able to feed them without modifying the body on top of getting the barrel. I'd just look for an MR5, or an E-MR5.
I just found a tear down video of the MRX and I see what you mean about the D-Hole placement. Dammit, gonna have to look into trading the MRX for an MR5 after all.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #137 (permalink)
Terminus Est

i doubt anyone will trade an mrx for an mr5, best off using MCB buy/sell or even a local sale via kijiji.
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #138 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I'd take a whack at one on the mill, but only if it were mine.

Quote:
Feedback
Old 07-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #139 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

I second what EL17E 76 said. I have an MR 5 and an MRX and I assume he does to, because he knows what the differences are. You could switch the lower receivers between the MRX and the MR5 because they are identical. I think that mags go into the MR5 better, so maybe they made the magwell a bit bigger. The actual O or D shaped opening in the marker is in the barrel and the metal upper receiver.

If you want to convert an MRX to use First strike by only buying things with no chopping, then you will need:
-A new Venturi G2 bolt, as the stock bolt is not designed for FS and will probably blend nice First Strike smoothies for you to enjoy mid-game. And because the MRX bolt is too big to go in Spyder's First Strike barrels. I have tried putting my MR5 barrel in the MRX but you can't because the barrel just pushes the bolt back onto the sear. Obviously the MR5 barrel is a much tigher bore then the MRX stock one, so it needs a smaller bolt
-A new Spyder first strike barrel, because they have the D shaped opening and because the reasons in the above note.
-This still leaves you with the receiver that just has the O shaped opening. You will have to get a new MR5 upper with the D shaped opening. I don't even know if they sell MR5 uppers anywhere.
-You still have to get FS mags for this puppy to
- at this point, you have probably spent more money than if you had just sold your MRX and bought an MR5

If you decide to convert your MRX to FSC with chopping you will need/need to do:
-Get FS mags
-Get a Venturi G2 bolt, as the stock one will probably break fins if you get it to shoot right. The G2 is small enough to not break fins and it has a angled cut on the bottom so you will not damage rounds that come into the marker from the magazine.
-Chop your barrel to make a D shaped opening.
-Chop your upper receiver to made a D shaped opening.
-I think this route is possible, but I have never seen it done.

I would recommend just selling the MRX, keep your extra ten round mags for it, and just buy an MR5.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2754097

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smiffew

Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mattmaniac95

Markers I have owned:
2x PCS US 5, Piranha GTI, Viewloader Orion, 2x GoG EnMEY, Alpha Black x6, Project Salvo x3, Tippmann pre 2011 A 5, Rap4 METS, Rap 4 LE (Kind of, it got snatched at the border), Ram Combat x2, Ram P99 x3, Ram 226 x2, 05 Spyder Pilot, 05 Spyder Fenix, T-Storm, Stryker, T8 x3, T8.1, MRX, MR5, Milsig MK3 x3, Milsig M series Elite, Milsig K series Mk 2, Kingman Chaser x3, Hammer 7, 1 of 3 Engler Customs M60E3, 9x TiPX, TPX, ATS AT 85 x2, 2003 Prostock Autococker, Goblin Solo, Milsig M 17 CQC, Crosman 3357 x2
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #140 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Has anyone cut the buffer tube on a mr5? Need to know if its relatively solid, gonna try to make my own back bottle set up so I can lose the remote line

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News