mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

I am just concerned with what they will put as pricing... If they keep the pricing similar to the the MRX this thing will sell gangbusters! I.e. 20$ mags and marker cost between 170-200$ If they just use FSR capability to jack the price to 300 for the mechanical version then that would be a huge bummer. If they keep the price low, they will have tons of business, including mine!
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think it was mentioned that the mags are 25 I might have misunderstood tho
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
So this will be the ats replacement for the technically impaired? Means I might need to try it.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

That's actually a good way to think of it dun. I know that something I've thought about. I always wanted an ats but hears they are finicky. They seems similar but like you said for the technology impaired
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I wonder what accessories they will come out with over time such as as drum mags or etc
A drum mag is on my wish list
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
How does an ecovalve work anyways I know nothing about them and am very curious please
It has one extra port from a standard valve to help airflow. I'm not the technical type so that is about as much as you are going to get out of me.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #37 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Here's the eko valve...

I've never inspected one in person, but it looks like it has adjustable recock through that set screw?
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

what set screw? that's a transfer passage for pressure from the middle of the valve to the blowback port. or maybe it has a setscrew in it you can adjust? would be nifty. but ultimately BAD, as it would encourage valve body being disassembled... which is not recommended for non-techs who want their gun to keep working just right.

what is that other valve? it's got some funky buffer going on, and nice external blowback paths. or is that the Eko valve? yea, I'm this much out of the loop in blowback tech... to think I used to call myself an expert ten years ago with blowbacks!
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
what set screw? that's a transfer passage for pressure from the middle of the valve to the blowback port. or maybe it has a setscrew in it you can adjust? would be nifty. but ultimately BAD, as it would encourage valve body being disassembled... which is not recommended for non-techs who want their gun to keep working just right.

what is that other valve? it's got some funky buffer going on, and nice external blowback paths. or is that the Eko valve? yea, I'm this much out of the loop in blowback tech... to think I used to call myself an expert ten years ago with blowbacks!
The small valve in the foreground is the Eko valve.
The larger valve behind it is a Kingman balanced valve from the VS2/VS3.
Neat but overly-complicated bit of tech that Kingman experimented with and ultimately abandoned.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/9742VS3_Valve.jpg

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
I totally agree. But come on, it would be epic to sit on top of that Hill of the final battle at Living Legends with 200rnd drum mag of FSR. Gives new meaning to the term "overkill"
OMG people shoot hot and overshoot with normal paintballs. A drum mag FS gun would give even more reason to the chicken ****s to stay behind and spray. Chances are people would just take FS to the back like every LL I take paint to the back from people who are sitting 40 yards behind the hill and dumping paint thinking its going over the hill when its all falling short on us at the hill.

Last edited by Side-Swipe; 10-18-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Side-Swipe is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News