mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Ah nevermind. So only the Paradigm Pro is FSR compatible? I guess they must be using older style K-series bodies and adding the HEAT core then. I'd think they would be easily modifiable for FSR with minor milling, though, if they accept the squarehead mags.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Think,build,play,evolve.

Send a message via MSN to Shroker

According the Nelson, the guy who heads the factories, had mentioned that there is not enough material within the Mk3 body to make room for the square head magazine.

The Mk3 is essetinally the Mk2 body with the gaps for the cocking handle and power tubes covered.
The HEAT core being standard and is mag-fed ready like mk2.

I don't know if the Mk3 has any weight reduction done to it. The Mk2 body was much lighter than the Mk1 and the Paradigm 1.

The idea of the new CQB mk3 is basically the offerings of the new internals in a ready to go, affordable package.

And then down the road they'll release the Elite editions like they did with the previous series.

More official updates to come in the following weeks about pricing and what not.

www.shroker.blogspot.com
www.parabine.com
Shroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

Bleh, Milsig is dead to me. I can't think of a more unreliable brand.

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

/\ RAM/APS?

For what it's worth, I've seen Shroker play with his heat-cored Milsig for a couple weekends with zero hiccups, and he's been rocking the blowback Milsig for much longer than that.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've been watching some of them for some time on various YouTube channels they look fine to me. Not my specific style but I still dig it
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

I know the Milsig crew has dissed RAP4 at every turn, but there is just no way they can be anything more than marginally worse. I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure we have had a 50%-60% return/service rate on the Milsig markers we've sold. Unfortunately there haven't been many solid alternatives for those who want magfed, but hopefully that will change.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I'll be honest, I thought Milsigs were pieces of crap when the first gens were out. They felt very cheap and the internals seemed worse than Tippmanns.

After having my hands on Shroker's Para Pro, I can honestly say the quality is leaps and bounds better. Fit and finish is incredible, and the shot feels like an Automag.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Think,build,play,evolve.

Send a message via MSN to Shroker

The biggest problem as I stated in the video that Russ did; is tha the teflon o-rings would become uncompressed from the side air plug. This made leaks notorious and at the time, MILSIG was just a small company with half of the company being people that came over from Airsoft.

As the market has grown and as both the head of the manufacturing and the head of the company brand have taken a more serious note to the market and the community they have vastly improved their products.

The HEAT core is a major step up and eliminates a lot of the problems from the past. No more "air restrictor" style velocity adjustment. A proper pressure based velocity adjustment. Easy to strip down and clean.

I used my blow back MILSIG for 2 1/2 years up to the Para Pro and have not really had any problems with it. Having the right information, the community and the likes ensured my gun ran on the field.

I remember when I first started playing (and it being my first marker before I even finished working on my pump) people gave me all sorts of comments about it.

Right kind of lube, some care, and it'l go well.

The first gen was a mess, the tech support just wasn't there as strong as it is now, and the company mentality was not set in stone.

www.shroker.blogspot.com
www.parabine.com
Shroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm not above giving them a second hearing (though it's a big pill to swallow), but the issues we've had have been consistent all the way up to the most recent models and supposed updates (not counting this model). And with the pricing they have had, it's been borderline criminal to release such faulty products. Self-fixes and community support to get the thing neat out of the box or two games in isn't kosher when you sell your wares at that price point.

With a whole new base, I suppose things may have changed, but I'm not buying into the small company excuse for earlier products. They have delivered crap to us for years, that doesn't wash off easily.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Just so everyone knows. The $249.95 is an introductory price. The desert color is $10 more. If you want to get in on it in the United States you need to send me an e-mail. psiworx@gmail.com

In Canada you need to visit their pre-order page

The MK3 CQB Pro can also be ordered with a MATS (no tank) for $299.95. (Desert color $10 more)

Last edited by Psiworx; 10-15-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Psiworx is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News