mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #141 (permalink)
Post Whore

Wasn't the mcm all inclusive. I think the tank was internal with that. Not sure how that works during hydrothough .
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
The etha doesn't cut it for me and I don't think there's a comparison. I held one at the store I wasn't impressed. That shroud is wobbly and unsecured. If you were to mount optics to it and I do, you would have a difficult time keeping your sights zerod.
I own one and don't have that problem. Mine is solid. Maybe it was only half-heartedly installed by the shop. But you are right, there is no comparison, one is $400 and the other is $1400.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #143 (permalink)
Post Whore

I agree. But I don't think the Comparison ends at price. So far I've seen very few milsim or tacticool markers get it right. The etha makes no sense because of you put optics behind the hopper feed you can'tssee jack cause the feed neck is in the way. If you put something in front the front of the body Wobbles. Or at least the bnib one at the store did. So in my mind that whole thing is pointless. This dye us way over priced. With fire modes that aren't universally accepted at fields. With a hopper feed that I can't imagine I'd use. The but other than that I think it's really cool just not 1400 worth of cool. I guess my point is that the etha isn't 400 cool either. I respect some of dyes features though. The ergonomics seem right on to me
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 10-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #144 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonMarket View Post
without like-minded local players it wouldn't be worth it for a magfed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
This is my mindset as well.
I played pump only in 03-04 when only a tiny, tiny fraction of players did around here. It was still a blast. Magfed is pretty much the same idea as pump - sacrificing a little bit of performance for a whole lot of fun.

It's different this time, though. Magfed is joining the market when a ton of players are running pumps and pistols, so if you decide to play this way, you're in good company.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #145 (permalink)
Post Whore

My thing is I can't see a hard core milsimer getting this. Well say this. A Hard core mag fed player. This way no one gets all bent out of shape. Most players don't want the hopper at all. Having removed the hopper the fire modes become useless since no one will want to burn through their mag at that rate. Most people don't like remote lines or tank on grip. Most people want tank in stock. Once your remove all the things that a hard cool mag fed player wants than your left with a marker that in no way should cost 1400bux. That being said I like where their heads at I really like the look of this gun. However I think they are still just too hung up on tourney play. Let Go of the firing modes and the hoppers
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 10-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #146 (permalink)

Me personally I'm glad to see DYE make such a bold step. I'm been predicting a movement towards players using less paint since my days at ZAP. I picked my format a year ago when I started selling MILSIGs. How paintball gets played is far less important that whether it gets played. Pump, MagFed, and pistol allows that many more people to play. Glad to have DYE in the MagFed ranks.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #147 (permalink)
Post Whore

Whoaa $1400,iwas hoping it would be around $1000, Dye should offer a financing plan for this marker!!!For that price it should come with a Rotor and peanut tank

I've only owned 1 Dye marker, an 07 PMR,good gun for the price but proble
matic,but recently was loaned a DM12 to play with and was very impressed with it

Considering the options for mag play,this will be head and shoulders above anything on the market as most are real POSes(RAP4,MILSIG) and are pricey anyway
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #148 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I think it's kind of funny to hear complaints about the price. It's a Dye gun, what did everyone expect?

In any case, there aren't really any other guns to compare it to. They've got the ultra high end mag-fed segment all to themselves for the most part.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #149 (permalink)
Post Whore

But what are you really paying for that's making it high end? A hopper that you won't use if the reason you bought it in the first place was to get into mag fed. Maybe the fire modes? That you won't use if your using just a mag? The cool stock. Yeah ill go with that. But it becomes less cool the minute I slap a peanut on the grip. So why am I paying for a bunch of tourney features that are useless to a milsim player
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #150 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

A refined valvetrain that they've been perfecting since the early 2000s.

It's the only mag-fed gun with eyes right now.

Dye generally has very high built quality.

It's a (possibly) niche gun with a massive amount of molded parts, so tooling costs were probably very high to make a small run of guns.

If people want a more affordable mag fed gun, there are plenty of options with less features.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News