mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #151 (permalink)
Post Whore

That valve train was most developed for use in markers to improve their consistency or recharge during high rates of fire. A feature rendered null if you only have 20 rnds In the mag .isee what your saying but as someone who likes mag play the stuff your listing I really don't care about. And why do I need eyes. That also has more to do with high Rof. Don't get me wrong russc I really like the gun. I like how it's a hybrid of mag feed but still with the idea that it's used for paintball in mind. Such as the low stock that's what I like to see. I hate it when people spend so much time designing a gun for paintball that can't be used cause they never took into account that it would be used well.... Paintball. I'm just not gonna pay that price for a bunch of feature that are only useful if I leave the hopper on and If I'm gonna leave the hopper on I'll just stick with the normal speedball gun I probably already own.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #152 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The valvetrain was also made to be super smooth and gentle on paint.

One of the problems magfed guns have had is paint breakage, and that just happens to be one of the things that high end guns have been refined and eliminated over time. Ball stack placement, anti-rollback, low pressure and eyes should make for a mag fed gun with less headaches and hiccups.

In any case, the price will come down as time goes on.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #153 (permalink)
Post Whore

As long as that foregrip is available separately I'm happy that thing is sick looking
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
But what are you really paying for that's making it high end? A hopper that you won't use if the reason you bought it in the first place was to get into mag fed. Maybe the fire modes? That you won't use if your using just a mag? The cool stock. Yeah ill go with that. But it becomes less cool the minute I slap a peanut on the grip. So why am I paying for a bunch of tourney features that are useless to a milsim player
I think you're forgetting the main advantage of the marker's being able to switch from the hopper to the First Strikes in the magazine on the fly: Versatility. Different situations call for different ammunition types. Most users would probably using the volume of fire provided by the hopper for 95% of the game, but would instantly be able to select to use a first strike or three if they had a peach of long range shot that they can't make with the spherical rounds.

I would argue that the actual market for this gun isn't milsimmers at all- it's hardcore scenario players. If you take a look at the rest of DYE Tactical's offerings, they're mostly on the same page- "speedball" gear for use in the woods. This, by the way, is how I usually approach scenarios.

To a lot of scenario players, the DAM is ideal. It offers all the firepower of a camo-colored high-end electro (which sell very well, btw) while also enabling the long range capability of first strikes. The magazine-fed aspect of the gun isn't the point, it's the means to an end, a necessary attribute to allow first strike use. Therefore, the ability to dabble with mag-fed play is just an added bonus to the intended user here, not the main attraction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u6NNwMv4kw&
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #155 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ok but than you sacrifice optimum conditions for one or the other for poor conditions for the both. The barrel that you should use with first strikes is not the barrel you should use for paintball nor are the velocity setting the same. I think someone said that the board will be programmable for two separate rou ds or the something? Not sure. But for fs you should be at least using a. 685 smooth bore well most of the paint I'm running into these days is around d. 680 or less. So you end up with using an appropriate barrel for fsr which is Inappropriate for paintball or vise versa. I'm sorry I think the on the fly idea is cute but I think it's a pipe dream. Unless you really don't mind being over bored on standard paint I think it would be ok
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #156 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I would argue that the actual market for this gun isn't milsimmers at all- it's hardcore scenario players.
100% agree. Why is MILSIM even being brought up, this isn't really a MILSIM gun.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #157 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well that's why I changed the term to mag fed not milsim. I realize and agree that this isn't a milsim gun
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 10-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok but than you sacrifice optimum conditions for one or the other for poor conditions for the both. The barrel that you should use with first strikes is not the barrel you should use for paintball nor are the velocity setting the same.
It's been my experience that as long as you can find paintballs with ODs around .687 (like a First Strike) they will shoot within 5fps of the first strike rounds.

If not, just chrono for whichever round hits the higher velocity. You're still going to get a massive range/accuracy gain with the first strikes.

Also, don't want to open up a completely different can of worms with the overboring/underboring thing, but seeing as how we're talking about an open-bolt electro here you should be fine either way, and if anything, overboring with functional detents should be just fine.

Assuming that this thing comes with the equivalent of a .687 or .689 DYE Ultralite, I wouldn't consider it a "poor condition" for either type of ammo.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #159 (permalink)
Post Whore

If it's event paint all you can do is hope it matches. I tried to do this my trracer it didn't work well. That being said I'd like to say again I really Do like this gun. It just misses the mark for me. But maybe that's just me
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 10-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #160 (permalink)
meatballs

Quote:
That valve train was most developed for use in markers to improve their consistency or recharge during high rates of fire. A feature rendered null if you only have 20 rnds
Then why were so many magfed-players happy when they heard rumors about the new HEAT-core in milsigs would be able to full auto? (Which it can't, IIRC)

IMO there is a use for differnt firemodes in magfed play too. 3 round bursts for example, try to do that with a milsig/tiberious/rap4
And magfed, like all other limited paint guns, is better used with a spool valve than a blow-back. If you only have 20 balls, you want every ball to break on target an therefore you use more fragile paint. And DM are for sure better on handling that than blow-backs.

This isn't a marker just for magfed play, but it will perform good if not better than the rest of the magfeds out today. That will reflect in the price.

Sorry for my horrible grammar.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News